Lists the same as HD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kokolisso
    Participant

Hello.

I have a library of 43000 songs, i have all this ordered as this:

Artists
    OST
    New Age
    Classical
    …..and more

I installed firefly under debian etch, and tested with amarok and presents me all songs in a different structure.

I would like know if will be possible that firefly will present me the same structure that I have in my HD

Thanks
    Kokolisso

fizze
    Participant

If you have placed it in a folder structure, then firefly most likely isnt the program of your choice yet.
    firefly sorts and classifies music by metadata (ID3-tags and the likes).

UPnP servers, however, mostly serve the contents 1:1 as they are located on the HD.

kokolisso
    Participant

Thanks fizze,, but…what server software should I use? and…will be compatible with Rokulabs hardware or anything else?

Thanks in advance
    Kokolisso

@fizze wrote:

If you have placed it in a folder structure, then firefly most likely isnt the program of your choice yet.
    firefly sorts and classifies music by metadata (ID3-tags and the likes).

UPnP servers, however, mostly serve the contents 1:1 as they are located on the HD.

fizze
    Participant

Regardless of the brand of your SoundBridge being RoKu or Pinnacle, uPnP servers should be supported.

Twonky is one of those, but its not free.
    There is preliminary uPNP server support in firefly at this stage, but it is not aimed at the featureset you’d like to see.

I really can just google for upnp server myself there, so… *shrug* 🙄

mpoly
    Participant

@kokolisso wrote:

I would like know if will be possible that firefly will present me the same structure that I have in my HD

If you are handy with any programming language, you can do what I do – disable firefly’s file scanner, and populate the database with your own script. Then you can ignore the tags, and use the strings from your file structure for the genre/artist/etc tags.

rpedde
    Participant

@mpoly wrote:

@kokolisso wrote:

If you are handy with any programming language, you can do what I do – disable firefly’s file scanner, and populate the database with your own script. Then you can ignore the tags, and use the strings from your file structure for the genre/artist/etc tags.

part of the up-side of a sql db underlying it.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.