Linux n00b…copying files – permission denied!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Linux n00b…copying files – permission denied!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have Firefly all set up and running on by Ubuntu box. πŸ˜€

Embarrased to admit that I seem to have hit a rather elementary stumbling block when copying the fireplay files over though 😳

I’m trying to copy the files to

/usr/share/mt-daapd/admin-root

But every time I try, I get a permission denied error. I thought this may have been to do with the permissions for the admin-root folder, but I’m unable to change them either – again I get a permission denied error!

I’d greatly appreciate any advice you can offer. πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scratch that! πŸ™„

I was using a windows based file transfer program, which seems to struggle with CHMOD requests. I did it directly via SSH and now I have FirePlay working too. :D:D:D

EVILRipper
    Participant

Heh, yes. The user with which you login on ftp is probably not the same user that installed firefly. So there’s the reason why you couldn’t write in the admin-root dir.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@EVILRipper wrote:

Heh, yes. The user with which you login on ftp is probably not the same user that installed firefly. So there’s the reason why you couldn’t write in the admin-root dir.

I was connecting using SSH and logging in as root. Same as when I installed Firefly.

It was just some naff windows file transfer client which doesn’t get on with CHMOD. I tried it with my web server last night and couldn’t change perms on that either, but it was fine with a direct connection.

Anyway, all live with Firefly and Fireplay now. πŸ˜€ I’m sat in work and streaming my test tracks using Fireplay…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.