LinkStation FreeLink, HOWL, and DAAPD

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues LinkStation FreeLink, HOWL, and DAAPD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    haralds
    Participant

Not a problem, just a fix:

I noticed that I had a shared server “ghosting” my named music server with a generic linkstation daapd server – that did not connect.

After about an hour of hunting (I have multiple LinkStations, Macs and Windows boxes,) I discovered that FreeLink in its full configuration installs mt-daapd AND howl, and the howl configuration file has its own entry for daapd. Commenting the line in howl fixed the problem.

— Harald

rpedde
    Participant

@haralds wrote:

Not a problem, just a fix:

I noticed that I had a shared server “ghosting” my named music server with a generic linkstation daapd server – that did not connect.

After about an hour of hunting (I have multiple LinkStations, Macs and Windows boxes,) I discovered that FreeLink in its full configuration installs mt-daapd AND howl, and the howl configuration file has its own entry for daapd. Commenting the line in howl fixed the problem.

— Harald

What did you install? I’m assuming it was some kind of metapackage or something, as my freelink install was just a bare “sarge” install.

I’ll add that to the faq, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.