Limiting the Library

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DriverJC

Here’s my question. Is there a way to have the Server ONLY Load the files that have specific tag information?

For instance: I have 60,000 tracks in my library residing on my server. At present it takes up to 2 minutes to load this library. I also have a playlist set up that separates the 80 some songs I listen to (this number changes roughly daily). Is there a way to tell the server to only load the files that I want to listen to? This way it doesn’t load all 60,000 tracks.

Thank you
    joel

rpedde
    Participant

@DriverJC wrote:

Here’s my question. Is there a way to have the Server ONLY Load the files that have specific tag information?

For instance: I have 60,000 tracks in my library residing on my server. At present it takes up to 2 minutes to load this library. I also have a playlist set up that separates the 80 some songs I listen to (this number changes roughly daily). Is there a way to tell the server to only load the files that I want to listen to? This way it doesn’t load all 60,000 tracks.

Thank you
    joel

Not presently. I want to be able to set a playlist as the base library, and connect to different libraries depending on the password you provide, but that’s not in there yet.

cezza
    Participant

@DriverJC wrote:

A workaround might be to create a subset of your library under a new directory structure, and point mt-daapd.conf at that. Or just put a playlist in there…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.