Library is invisible in iTunes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mallaire
    Participant

I’m running Firefly (nigthly) on the most recent Ubuntu. I’ve completed every step, the server is running (I can see the web management and it shows that Bonjour and every other thing is running). My config is OK (mp3 folder is at the right place). But when I open iTunes on WindowsXP, I can’t see the shared library.

There must be something wrong… because I have another iTunes server (a D-Link DNS-323 network storage that have the iTunes server feature) and I can see this one with my iTunes… but Firefly is still not showing…

Can someone help me? Do I need to do something else? I tried “almost” eveything in this forum, but no success.

Thank you for your help!

rpedde
    Participant

@mallaire wrote:

I’m running Firefly (nigthly) on the most recent Ubuntu. I’ve completed every step, the server is running (I can see the web management and it shows that Bonjour and every other thing is running). My config is OK (mp3 folder is at the right place). But when I open iTunes on WindowsXP, I can’t see the shared library.

There must be something wrong… because I have another iTunes server (a D-Link DNS-323 network storage that have the iTunes server feature) and I can see this one with my iTunes… but Firefly is still not showing…

Can someone help me? Do I need to do something else? I tried “almost” eveything in this forum, but no success.

Thank you for your help!

I think there is an issue with the ubuntu nightly. I think it’s set to use local mdns rather than avahi. You can compile a new one from tarball, using –enable-avahi, or wait for the next nightly which should be relatively soon, although that will have lots of new code, and you’ll be something of a crash test dummy. 🙂

mallaire
    Participant

Hummm… compile a new one?

I am relatively new to all this stuff… I learned to configure a lot of things on Linux, but compiling is something I don’t know yet….

Is this something complicated? I don’t want to abuse of your time, but can you give me a few tips on how to do this?

rpedde
    Participant

@mallaire wrote:

Hummm… compile a new one?

I am relatively new to all this stuff… I learned to configure a lot of things on Linux, but compiling is something I don’t know yet….

Is this something complicated? I don’t want to abuse of your time, but can you give me a few tips on how to do this?

🙂

Here’s the terse answer:

Install the necessary development packages:

root@foo:~# apt-get install make gcc libc6-dev libsqlite0-dev libid3tag0-dev libflac-dev libvorbis-dev libavahi-client-dev

Download the tarball:

root@foo:~# wget http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/mt-daapd-svn-1586.tar.gz

Untar it:

root@foo:~# tar -xvzf mt-daapd-svn-1586.tar.gz
    root@foo:~# cd mt-daapd-svn-1586

configure it:

root@foo:~/mt-daapd-svn-1586# ./configure –prefix=/usr –enable-avahi –enable-flac –enable-oggvorbis –enable-sqlite

root@foo:~/mt-daapd-svn-1586# make; make install

Something like that should do it. Again, I hope to have new nightlies tomorrow, so if that fails, check back tomorrow.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.