Latest version of Firefly for Apple Mac

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Latest version of Firefly for Apple Mac

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I am running version 1.0 (svn-1359) on an Apple Mac running 10.4.11. I downloaded this from a link on the Roku site. When I visited the Firefly site I couldn’t work out if this is the latest version or not. I am assuming all the nightlies are PC files. Can you advise if there are regular updates for mac users and if so where I could find them.

cheers
    Duff

Harry

No, the nightlies are not solely PC files, there are also versions for Mac and several Linux distributions. If you want to download the Mac-version be sure to choose the file with the .dmg extension.

I also use firefly on a Mac running OS X 10.4.11 and originally I also had the version installed that you downloaded using the link on the Roku side.
    But with that version I sometimes had problems starting firefly (since I chose to manually start it).
    Then I removed it using the included uninstaller and downloaded the latest nightly for Mac (svn-1696) which runs just fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Harry

Thanks for that, I will have a closer look at the nightlies. Out of interest, is there a later stable version for the mac?

Duff

rpedde
    Participant

@Duffledorf wrote:

Hi Harry

Thanks for that, I will have a closer look at the nightlies. Out of interest, is there a later stable version for the mac?

Duff

Best one for mac (not leopard) is the one on the nigtlies page (http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org). svn-1586. Best one for leopard is posted on the roku forums: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2movaa

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheers Ron

I will upgrade asap.

Duff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.