[latest nightly][OSX] cant open DMG

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues [latest nightly][OSX] cant open DMG

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

neither with my Imac g5 nor with transmac 7.5 on my windows pc..

rpedde
    Participant

@thingy wrote:

neither with my Imac g5 nor with transmac 7.5 on my windows pc..

Might redownload it and check to make sure you got a full download:

md5sum:

d887c1ddf1157ec4500ef7dd91686430 Firefly-svn-1696.dmg

Works For Me ™.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

tried to download multiple times..

however my laptop seem to download it correctly..
    i dont have any experience checking files with md5 hashes.. but ill try to learn if i get the chance for it (timewise)

however.. i have now transferred the unpacked the download from my laptop to my g5..

it scanned my itunes list.. but then proceeded to do.. nothing..

last 3 lines from the log..

2007-12-29 11:04:45 (a000ed88): Updating playlists
    2007-12-29 11:04:46 (a000ed88): Updating playlists
    2007-12-29 11:04:47 (a000ed88): Scanned 3927 songs (was 3927) in 43 seconds

it then keeps on telling me that firefly is starting.. not started.. i checked to see if my xbox (latest tech build of xbmc) was seeing the share.. but it didnt.. unless firefly doesnt share on the usual DAAP port..

edit: ok, that was easy.. having your OS built on top of a *nix system has its perks.. open a terminal and typing “md5 filename.ext” isnt that hard ๐Ÿ˜›

too bad though.. cuz it gave me:
    MD5 (Firefly-svn-1696.dmg) = d887c1ddf1157ec4500ef7dd91686430
    so the file is correct.. it gives me a “0xe00002c9” error, on my 10.4.11 osx

it doesn’t work for me(patent pending)

Anonymous
    Inactive

well my laptop seems to have it running now.. surely but slowly, huh!
    however when logging into the webpage (localhost:3689) it seems bonjour is not running.. but i guess i dont need it.. i can just use the ip adress..

will need to check my desktop mac later.. thats the computer that needs to serve my library..

Anonymous
    Inactive

jup, desktop worked aswell.. seems you need to login to the webpage, when running for the first time.. now it works like it should..well.. not exactly..

xbmc is giving errors.. and when it does work.. its takes a long time to load.. sure.. this way i have my itunes playlists.. but its completely unusable as it stand right now.. sucks though..

ive removed the switches i had between the box and the imac.. but that didnt seem to do anything..

guess that xbmc just swallows at DAAP.. ill take it up with the xbmc guys..

rpedde
    Participant

@thingy wrote:

jup, desktop worked aswell.. seems you need to login to the webpage, when running for the first time.. now it works like it should..well.. not exactly..

xbmc is giving errors.. and when it does work.. its takes a long time to load.. sure.. this way i have my itunes playlists.. but its completely unusable as it stand right now.. sucks though..

ive removed the switches i had between the box and the imac.. but that didnt seem to do anything..

guess that xbmc just swallows at DAAP.. ill take it up with the xbmc guys..

Ya, I gave up on xbmc with daap myself. I use smb shares.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

i was just thinking.. isnt there a way it does work in xbmc.. i mean.. couldnt the firefly system be made to be compatible with xbmc?

maybe a special xbmc compatibility mode?

just an idea.. prolly an absolute bitch to code ๐Ÿ˜€

rpedde
    Participant

@thingy wrote:

i was just thinking.. isnt there a way it does work in xbmc.. i mean.. couldnt the firefly system be made to be compatible with xbmc?

maybe a special xbmc compatibility mode?

just an idea.. prolly an absolute bitch to code ๐Ÿ˜€

I probably will when they port it to osx like they are talking. Otherwise, it’s too hard to debug on the xbox. ๐Ÿ™

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey, they wont port to osx.. not yet.. they are working on a linux version though..

but i dont understand .. to hard to debug on the xbox?? source code is available.. there you can see the implementation.. and also xbmc is very developer friendly..

rpedde
    Participant

@thingy wrote:

hey, they wont port to osx.. not yet.. they are working on a linux version though..

but i dont understand .. to hard to debug on the xbox?? source code is available.. there you can see the implementation.. and also xbmc is very developer friendly..

http://xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30074

Whenever it has a problem with daap, the daap process on the xbox gets hosed and it has to be rebooted. So it’s a pain to work with. I worked once before to get it working such that it is now, and it was painful just to interact with it. So I don’t much like doing it. Would be much easier and more convenient to do it from a machine.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.