You are here: Home » Topic » [latest nightly][OSX] cant open DMG

[latest nightly][OSX] cant open DMG

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2067

    Anonymous

    neither with my Imac g5 nor with transmac 7.5 on my windows pc..

    #15395

    rpedde
    Participant

    @thingy wrote:

    neither with my Imac g5 nor with transmac 7.5 on my windows pc..

    Might redownload it and check to make sure you got a full download:

    md5sum:

    d887c1ddf1157ec4500ef7dd91686430 Firefly-svn-1696.dmg

    Works For Me ™.

    — Ron

    #15396

    Anonymous

    tried to download multiple times..

    however my laptop seem to download it correctly..
    i dont have any experience checking files with md5 hashes.. but ill try to learn if i get the chance for it (timewise)

    however.. i have now transferred the unpacked the download from my laptop to my g5..

    it scanned my itunes list.. but then proceeded to do.. nothing..

    last 3 lines from the log..

    2007-12-29 11:04:45 (a000ed88): Updating playlists
    2007-12-29 11:04:46 (a000ed88): Updating playlists
    2007-12-29 11:04:47 (a000ed88): Scanned 3927 songs (was 3927) in 43 seconds

    it then keeps on telling me that firefly is starting.. not started.. i checked to see if my xbox (latest tech build of xbmc) was seeing the share.. but it didnt.. unless firefly doesnt share on the usual DAAP port..

    edit: ok, that was easy.. having your OS built on top of a *nix system has its perks.. open a terminal and typing “md5 filename.ext” isnt that hard 😛

    too bad though.. cuz it gave me:
    MD5 (Firefly-svn-1696.dmg) = d887c1ddf1157ec4500ef7dd91686430
    so the file is correct.. it gives me a “0xe00002c9” error, on my 10.4.11 osx

    it doesn’t work for me(patent pending)

    #15397

    Anonymous

    well my laptop seems to have it running now.. surely but slowly, huh!
    however when logging into the webpage (localhost:3689) it seems bonjour is not running.. but i guess i dont need it.. i can just use the ip adress..

    will need to check my desktop mac later.. thats the computer that needs to serve my library..

    #15398

    Anonymous

    jup, desktop worked aswell.. seems you need to login to the webpage, when running for the first time.. now it works like it should..well.. not exactly..

    xbmc is giving errors.. and when it does work.. its takes a long time to load.. sure.. this way i have my itunes playlists.. but its completely unusable as it stand right now.. sucks though..

    ive removed the switches i had between the box and the imac.. but that didnt seem to do anything..

    guess that xbmc just swallows at DAAP.. ill take it up with the xbmc guys..

    #15399

    rpedde
    Participant

    @thingy wrote:

    jup, desktop worked aswell.. seems you need to login to the webpage, when running for the first time.. now it works like it should..well.. not exactly..

    xbmc is giving errors.. and when it does work.. its takes a long time to load.. sure.. this way i have my itunes playlists.. but its completely unusable as it stand right now.. sucks though..

    ive removed the switches i had between the box and the imac.. but that didnt seem to do anything..

    guess that xbmc just swallows at DAAP.. ill take it up with the xbmc guys..

    Ya, I gave up on xbmc with daap myself. I use smb shares.

    — Ron

    #15400

    Anonymous

    i was just thinking.. isnt there a way it does work in xbmc.. i mean.. couldnt the firefly system be made to be compatible with xbmc?

    maybe a special xbmc compatibility mode?

    just an idea.. prolly an absolute bitch to code 😀

    #15401

    rpedde
    Participant

    @thingy wrote:

    i was just thinking.. isnt there a way it does work in xbmc.. i mean.. couldnt the firefly system be made to be compatible with xbmc?

    maybe a special xbmc compatibility mode?

    just an idea.. prolly an absolute bitch to code 😀

    I probably will when they port it to osx like they are talking. Otherwise, it’s too hard to debug on the xbox. 🙁

    — Ron

    #15402

    Anonymous

    hey, they wont port to osx.. not yet.. they are working on a linux version though..

    but i dont understand .. to hard to debug on the xbox?? source code is available.. there you can see the implementation.. and also xbmc is very developer friendly..

    #15403

    rpedde
    Participant

    @thingy wrote:

    hey, they wont port to osx.. not yet.. they are working on a linux version though..

    but i dont understand .. to hard to debug on the xbox?? source code is available.. there you can see the implementation.. and also xbmc is very developer friendly..

    http://xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30074

    Whenever it has a problem with daap, the daap process on the xbox gets hosed and it has to be rebooted. So it’s a pain to work with. I worked once before to get it working such that it is now, and it was painful just to interact with it. So I don’t much like doing it. Would be much easier and more convenient to do it from a machine.

    — Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.