Latest iTunes can’t see mt-daapd server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Latest iTunes can’t see mt-daapd server

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    writeson
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just installed the mt-daapd server on a ubuntu 6.10 desktop and it seems to be running fine. I can see the music server on my Roku Soundbridge M1000 and play music just fine. However, I can’t see the mt-daapd server on iTunes on my Windows laptop. I’m running the latest iTunes (7 something?) and I’m not sure how, or what, to check to get iTunes to see the server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Doug

rpedde
    Participant

@writeson wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just installed the mt-daapd server on a ubuntu 6.10 desktop and it seems to be running fine. I can see the music server on my Roku Soundbridge M1000 and play music just fine. However, I can’t see the mt-daapd server on iTunes on my Windows laptop. I’m running the latest iTunes (7 something?) and I’m not sure how, or what, to check to get iTunes to see the server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Doug

What version of mt-daapd, and from source, or from a package? If package, where did it come from?

If you are using the debian “woody” package from sourceforge, the mdns doesn’t work on your new ubuntu. Might try a newer nightly at http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org. You’ll want to uninstall you existing package first, and then re-configure your config file, as the config file format has changed.

If that’s not it, or if that doesn’t get you anywhere yell back here.

— Ron

writeson
    Participant

Ron,

I’ve got Ubuntu 6.10 installed on the machine, and I enabled the universe and multiverse for apt-get (and Synaptic). I have the stable version of mt-daapd server (0.2.4-1) from sourceforge (the deb package) installed on the above server. I’ll give the newer nightly a try and see how that works.

I’ll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for your help!
    Doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.