LaCie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davesanti
    Participant

Hi all, I poked around and didnt see this questions answered:

I am bailing on my MSSII as I cannot telnet to it and load up FF. I love FF on the computer and want the same functionality on the NAS. I am a complete Noob on Linux and just need a checklist installation.

The LaCie 320GB ethernet gigabit mini disk seems to be another good choice and while it appears to come with Twonky on it I want to run FF. I want to be able to use the NAS the same way as I use my Roku 1001 from the computer.. playlist, sorted and searchable.

Can FF be loaded onto the LaCie. (without too much drama).

Or.. do any of you suggest another alternate besides the MSSII or LaCie.

Thanks

Dave

rpedde
    Participant

@davesanti wrote:

Hi all, I poked around and didnt see this questions answered:

I am bailing on my MSSII as I cannot telnet to it and load up FF. I love FF on the computer and want the same functionality on the NAS. I am a complete Noob on Linux and just need a checklist installation.

The LaCie 320GB ethernet gigabit mini disk seems to be another good choice and while it appears to come with Twonky on it I want to run FF. I want to be able to use the NAS the same way as I use my Roku 1001 from the computer.. playlist, sorted and searchable.

Can FF be loaded onto the LaCie. (without too much drama).

Or.. do any of you suggest another alternate besides the MSSII or LaCie.

Thanks

Dave

I think it can be installed on the LaCie, but not without drama. I think it’s kind of a take-life-in-your-own-hands kind of thing.

Someone asked my opinion about stuff a while ago in this thread:

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5939

and I gave my take on it there.

— Ron

davesanti
    Participant

Thanks Ron…

I followed that advice and got the NSLU with a Max One Touch3. I have it running (as you might have noted from some other posts).

BTW.. thank you for all your hard work with us Noobs and on FF. It is awesome and appreciated.

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.