Itunes wireless client not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’ve build my own mt-daapd server (stable) on my debian etch server, then I’m able to browse my music on my (wired) linux desktop, I’m able to do it with my (wireless) windows laptop too, but my macbook does not. Or, better to say, my macbook (itunes on leopard 10.5.1) can see firefly server only wired. I’cant see anything when I’m using airport (wireless).

I’dont understand why this happen! It is not a router problem (my wirelessy windows laptop works), so, maybe a leopard bug…?

Anyone using macbook (not santa rosa) client wireless again mt-daapd?

Thanks.

ps: Obviously my macbook works perfectly (wirelessy), It can see internet, windows shares, mac shares, etc etc etc, no problem other then mt-daapd shares!!!!

rpedde
    Participant

@aventrax wrote:

Hi, I’ve build my own mt-daapd server (stable) on my debian etch server, then I’m able to browse my music on my (wired) linux desktop, I’m able to do it with my (wireless) windows laptop too, but my macbook does not. Or, better to say, my macbook (itunes on leopard 10.5.1) can see firefly server only wired. I’cant see anything when I’m using airport (wireless).

I’dont understand why this happen! It is not a router problem (my wirelessy windows laptop works), so, maybe a leopard bug…?

Anyone using macbook (not santa rosa) client wireless again mt-daapd?

Thanks.

ps: Obviously my macbook works perfectly (wirelessy), It can see internet, windows shares, mac shares, etc etc etc, no problem other then mt-daapd shares!!!!

I am, but not against 0.2.4. You have latest itunes and all? 7.6.29, I have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Latest iTunes 7.6(29) yes, latest leopard updates and firefly stable version. I do not understand how can I solve this! :'(

rpedde
    Participant

@aventrax wrote:

Latest iTunes 7.6(29) yes, latest leopard updates and firefly stable version. I do not understand how can I solve this! :'(

Me neither, frankly.

It’s dhcp configured, just like the others, right? The only thing I could think of would be a static IP configuration with the wrong netmask.

Can you ping the server? And get to the web interface?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@aventrax wrote:

Me neither, frankly.

It’s dhcp configured, just like the others, right? The only thing I could think of would be a static IP configuration with the wrong netmask.

Can you ping the server? And get to the web interface?

Yes, I can see web interface without problems, net setup is perfect. I’m using MAC filtering on router but I’m allowing both MAC addresses (windows laptop and macbook), so no differences is there.
    Now I think to try another router…. but this is too strange! :'(

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi aventrax, did you work this one out.

I’m having the same issue. Have 2 MB pro’s, one Tiger, the other Leopard, neither can see the Firefly music share wirelessly, but both can with the cable connected. Wirelessly they can see each others music shares.
    I don’t understand…
    Did you try with a different router. I’m using a netgear router. Can’t understand why that would be the issue though. Everything else works wirelessly, like you said – smb, ssh, internet etc.
    Anyone have any info on this??

cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Turns out my problem is covered in Troubleshooting.

Make sure you have multicast enabled. Some wireless routers require that you enable multicast (sometimes also labeled “IGMP”) in the web administration interface of the router. Others require firmware updates to enable multicast. Try updating your router to the latest version. As a testing point, if it works fine when the server and client are both on the wired side of the router, but it doesn’t work when one side is wired and the other side is wireless, then that points to the router as the culprit.

A quick firmware update on the router and we’re good.

Very cool app, thanks firefly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not for me 😉 As I said, with a windows laptop client I can see everything! So it’s not a router problem (btw has last firmware update)….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem. My router is a d-link 2704B.

My mac will only see my ubuntu mt-daapd share over a wired connection. I have enabled multicast in my router.

I am annoyed about this!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.