Itunes Smart Playlist on Firefly running on NSLU2

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Itunes Smart Playlist on Firefly running on NSLU2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pabergeron

Hello,

I am running Itunes 7.0.1.8 on XP. My Itunes Music Library is on the NSLU2 from a Samba server (Z: drive). I also have a Soundbrige connected to the NSLU2 using Firefly (1376-1).

I would like to be able to create playlist from Itunes on my PC and then copy the playlist on the NSLU2 in the Firefly playlist folder. This way I could enjoy my playlist constructed with Itunes in my living room playing on my Roku without having my PC turned on.

At this time, Firefly does not seem to reconize my Itunes playlist even if the playlist folder in Firefly was changed to point on the file.

Is there a way to make this work ?

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@pabergeron wrote:

Hello,

I am running Itunes 7.0.1.8 on XP. My Itunes Music Library is on the NSLU2 from a Samba server (Z: drive). I also have a Soundbrige connected to the NSLU2 using Firefly (1376-1).

I would like to be able to create playlist from Itunes on my PC and then copy the playlist on the NSLU2 in the Firefly playlist folder. This way I could enjoy my playlist constructed with Itunes in my living room playing on my Roku without having my PC turned on.

At this time, Firefly does not seem to reconize my Itunes playlist even if the playlist folder in Firefly was changed to point on the file.

Is there a way to make this work ?

Thanks

Copy the “iTunes Music Library.xml” file from your “My Music” folder into the z: drive. Go into the web interface on the slug and tell it to do a rescan, and you should be in business.

Might be some problem with songs with non-latin names — that’s high on my list of things to fix, but that ought to make the bulk of it work.

– Ron

pabergeron

I have tryed your solution and it does not seem to work. I always get some smart playlist that I did in a previous version of Mt-Daapd(may 2006). I do not understand where the firefly server is getting these playlists since there in only one playlist (playlist = /public/mp3/mt-daapd.playlist) in the playlist directory and that playlist is from Itunes and I have nothing to do with the old playlist I am alway getting.

Is there a directory on my NSLU2 where Firefly is getting an old plylist file that I do not know of ?

Here is my config file….

[general]

web_root = /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    port = 3689
    admin_pw = XXXXXX
    db_type = sqlite
    db_parms = /opt/var/mt-daapd
    mp3_dir = /public/mp3
    runas = guest
    playlist = /public/mp3/mt-daapd.playlist
    extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.ogg,.flac
    ssc_codectypes = ogg,flac,alac
    ssc_prog = /opt/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    rescan_interval = 600
    always_scan = 0
    servername = MT-DAAPD sur NLU2

[plugins]
    plugin_dir = /opt/share/mt-daapd/plugins
    plugins = rsp.so,ssc-script.so

rpedde
    Participant

@pabergeron wrote:

I always get some smart playlist that I did in a previous version of Mt-Daapd(may 2006).

Those are stored in the database, not in the playlist file. The playlist file is ignored, and has been for some time. You can edit the playlists from the web interface on the “smart” tab.

Here is my config file….

You’ll probably want a “process_m3u=1” in the [general] section to make it pick up your iTunes xml file.

pabergeron

Thanks…. It works great now!

PAB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.