iTunes shared only shows 128 mp3’s of 4500 mp3’s

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues iTunes shared only shows 128 mp3’s of 4500 mp3’s

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely right! I did start a Lacie tech ticket. The only answer I got until now was: “Thank you for the valuable info. I will forward it to our engineers and ask them to try and reproduce the error sowe can fix this problem .”

I’ll keep you updated once I have their feedback.

mattyt
    Participant

OK, it’s happened to me now too!

I added a few more albums to the Lacie but they never appeared when I connected iTunes to it. I rebuilt the database, enabled/disabled the media server – tried everything. I can see and play the mp3 files directly but they are simply not added to the database.

Hmm. Rolling back may be my only option?

Don’t suppose you heard back from Lacie did you raphaeld?

goobs

I have the same issue except I only see 6 WAV files in Itunes.
    The same Edmini running 1.2.1.1 firmware sees all the mp3s in Twonky though.
    Also rolling back to 1.0.10 showed all the mp3s but stopped VPN access working which is how I am playing Twonky and Itunes from work ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyone found out what the password Lacie are using ?

mattyt
    Participant

No, I’m not sure of the pw. And yes, I’m still having the same problem (I haven’t yet downgraded).

I just entered a new support ticket. I encourage you, and anyone else with similar issues, to do the same:

https://www.lacie.com/au/mystuff/ticket/new.htm

Hopefully we’ll get some resolution soon!

mattyt
    Participant

Heya folks, I’ve had a prompt reply by Lacie’s support staff. Bottom line is that they are aware that there are some problems with 1.1.2.1, particularly with the media database not updating when new music is added. Rolling back to 1.0.10 is currently the only workaround.

The helpful support fellow described the process:

This process will not delete any of your data, but it may delete the user and share names. Please make a note of these so that you can recreate them. Once recreated, the original data will be intact.

1. Connect to the Ethernet Disk
    2. Go to the Configuration page
    3. In the Software section, go to the Update page by clicking the blue button
    4. On the Update page, click on the blue button titled “Update Logs”
    5. From this last page, click on the link named “Remove all the updates”
    6. Restart the machine and check your shares, recreating them if necessary.

If anyone needs more details please let me know (I’ve rolled back successfully and my music updates correctly).

The support staff is also going to try and chase down the Firefly password for us.

I’ll keep you posted.

jpalo

I got patch to fix this from Lacie support (and it actually fixes the issue), and it can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?59xj2jizgnm

Install on top of 1.1.2(.1).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did anyone get the password for the Firefly/mt-daapd config page?
    I contacted Lacie, but they don’t know anything about the mt-daapd webserver running on port 3689.

Maybe one of the people who opened the NAS can look for the config file, should be “/usr/share/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf”?

Thanks!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t get the password ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, thanks to some partition images:
    http://forums.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=61

I got the default password!

Just send me a PM!

Use it at your own risk and change it immediately if your disk is on the web!!!

fizze
    Participant

PMs are deactivated on this forum. ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.