iTunes shared only shows 128 mp3’s of 4500 mp3’s

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues iTunes shared only shows 128 mp3’s of 4500 mp3’s

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

I’m having an issue with my iTunes server on my updated (1.1.2) LacIe Ethernet Disk Mini (edmini). Everything works fine, I’m really happy with this NAS and I almost got it to work the way i want. There’s on slight problem:
    When I start up iTunes the drive is immediately recognised.. this is fantastic!
    So iTunes server does the job except that for some obscure reason It only shows 128 songs from my 4500mp3’s library.

The odd thing is that these 128 songs are the mp3’s from my iTunes library before I decided to move everything to the NAS.. So I think it’s a cache issue or something…

*All the files and folders have the same creation and modified date…
    *I deleted all the iTunes libraries and even rolled back to iTunes 7.5 to delete all tracks of previous libraries
    *I rolled back the firmware of the Lacie Ethernet and reinstalled the latest FW so mt-daapd could be reinstalled..

Nothing works it still recognizes the same 128 songs..
    Does anybody know why?

greetz,

Raph

stretch
    Participant

Have you tried a full scan?
    What is the rescan interval set to?

Failing all of that, can you get to Firefly´s database file (songs.db or songs3.db) and delete it / move it somewhere else?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the suggestion,

The Lacie EThernet disk mini has firefly preinstalled and doesn’t allow me to look at the configpage (http://ipaddress:3976 or something like that) it asks me for a password but no password has ever been given to me.
    This disk is also secured and i can’t ftp or navigate to these firefly db files. I can only see my shared files (media)
    Maybe I should mail Lacie and ask them the password for the firefly config page.
    Any other solutions?

sonichouse
    Participant

@raphaeld wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion,

The Lacie EThernet disk mini has firefly preinstalled and doesn’t allow me to look at the configpage (http://ipaddress:3976 or something like that) it asks me for a password but no password has ever been given to me.
    This disk is also secured and i can’t ftp or navigate to these firefly db files. I can only see my shared files (media)
    Maybe I should mail Lacie and ask them the password for the firefly config page.
    Any other solutions?

You could try http://ipaddress:3689 and use mt-daapd as the password, you do not need to enter a username.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I already tried the default password which is mt-daapd, but probably Lacie has changed the password. I emailed the techsupport for the password.. I hope they will be kind enough to give it.

But other solutions could help me out too… Does somebody know by any chance the password for Lacie ethernet mini?

greetz,

Raph

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have no idea. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

My solution was to roll back the firmware from the Lacie Ethernet Disk to 1.0.10. Now iTunes sees and plays all my mp3’s
    Too bad I can’t have the benefits of firmware 1.1.2 without problems, is there a workaround for this?

mattyt
    Participant

I don’t have the password unfortunately. If anyone knows it please pass it on!

However, it’s very easy to provoke a rescan. Just go to the ‘media’ tab in the Lacie web-based configuration and select “Rebuild Database”. You should hear the Lacie HD spin while it indexes your music – when it’s finished your whole ~4500 songs should appear.

Oh, ensure that the share containing your mp3’s has the “music” checkbox ticked (again, in the ‘media’ tab) and that the mediaserver is enabled (presumably so since you’re seeing some of the files).

Hope that helps,
    Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks but that didn’t solve the problem. There’s also something odd happening when i go to the mediapage on the webinterface (happens on firmware 1.1.2).

on the top of the page it says: /www/cgi-bin/admin/media: line 436: [: too many arguments

But anyways I found a solution: I rolled the firmware back from 1.1.2 to 1.0.10 (factory settings) and Itunes shows me the correct number of songs on my Lacie.

Too bad I can’t have the benefits of firmware 1.1.2 without problems, is there a workaround for this?

sonichouse
    Participant

@raphaeld wrote:

My solution was to roll back the firmware from the Lacie Ethernet Disk to 1.0.10. Now iTunes sees and plays all my mp3’s

I assume you have raised this as an issue with Lacie ?
    Looks like they have a buggy implementation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.