iTunes Plus Tracks

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I upgraded the seven drm’s tracks that I had purchased from iTunes to the iTunes Plus variety, and firefly will not pick them up off of my PC and post to my windows home server. I am assuming that is because iTunes still tags the files as purchased AAC files; will firefly not copy those over to the share on the WHS? I’m using version svn-1601 on my WHS (power pack 1 updates) on the HP Media Smart EX475 WHS and iTunes version 8/XP with latest updates on the client PC hosting the iTunes database…any pointers would be appreciated.

stretch
    Participant

purchased tracks have a different file extension.
    Check that .m4p is on the list of file types

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. Following file types picked up in config:

.mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.wma,.flac,.ogg

Any hints/suggestions?

stretch
    Participant

@jam3ohio wrote:

will firefly not copy those over to the share on the WHS?

Firefly doesn’t copy or move anything anywhere. Firefly only needs read only access to the music files to work.

Sounds like someone has written an extra module and added it to Firefly.
    You’ll have to take this problem up with HP.

I’m guessing here but I wonder if this “extra bit” simply ignores certain file types?
    What is the file extension of iTunes Plus files?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Firefly doesn’t copy or move anything anywhere. Firefly only needs read only access to the music files to work.

Sounds like someone has written an extra module and added it to Firefly.
    You’ll have to take this problem up with HP.

Yup. HP Media Aggregator does this. Sorry for the imprecision of my question.

The Firefly server throws up when seeing the iTunes Plus files, which have the exact same externsion as purchased iTunes files. Therefore, it will not serve these files over the network to the PS3 that I want to stream to. Note my previous post…m4p is the extension. And that etension is listed in the config tool webpage. Will this app serve these…are there any changes that I need to make to the mt-daapd.conf file or something? Am on v. 1601.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You may want to direct your question over to the http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/HPMediaVault/ group. There’s a lot of expertise with the aggregator over there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.