iTunes Playlists on NAS firefly server?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues iTunes Playlists on NAS firefly server?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JLMichels

I have created a number of playlists over the years with iTunes. Now I have ReadyNas+. I copied my music files (mp3s) to the music folder on the NAS. Then I started firefly. All the songs are there when I browse. I tried exporting my iTunes library to the music folder on the ReadyNas. My playlists showed up there, but they are only partially populated. My questions are as follows:

It would seem that continuing to use iTunes to maintain and generate playlists would be easiest. Is this so? Should I delete the local music files? Does the playlists refer to specific file locations?

What is the best way to get firefly to see the playlists? What is the best way to keep firefly updated as to playlist changes?

Whay are my playlists from the exported library only partially populated?

stretch
    Participant

I think Infrant have messed with Firefly slightly.
    The procedure i use for play lists on my NSLU doesn’t work on the ReadyNAS.

For the ReadyNAS, i had to edit the play list file to convert the paths from relative to absolute.
    Basically, edit the file so that //localhost/Y:/ gets replaced with /c/music/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.