iTunes not listing all media on Firefly Server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues iTunes not listing all media on Firefly Server

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m running Firefly version svn-1696 under Windows Home Server. Firefly lists 12554 songs shared under it’s web administration page. When I open the Firefly Server under iTunes 8.1.1(10) under Mac OS X 10.5.6 it only lists 7024 songs on the server. I can access all of the songs on my Roku Soundbridge M1001 so I know it shouldn’t be a server issue.

Any ideas on why iTunes can’t see all the files?

fizze
    Participant

iTunes cannot play all codecs.
    Does your collection consist of mp3s only? Or is there some FLAC, vorbis, etc there as well?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My collection consists of MP3 and WMA Lossless files. It can play all MP3 files and some WMA Lossless. This problem only occurs when using iTunes it does not when I access the music from a Roku Soundbridge. Which indicates to me that it is not a codec issue.

fizze
    Participant

Well iTunes doesnt do WMA as far as i know.
    Anyway, can you pinpoint a file that’s not available on itunes, but available through other clients?

If so, take a closer look at that file. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I can pinpoint that it is not seeing some of the WMA Lossless files. However more WMA Lossless files play through Firefly under iTunes then don’t. So this doesn’t make any sense it plays some lossless files but not the ones at the end of the alphabet. I can’t find any differences between the ones it can play and then ones it won’t. It could be a bitrate issue with iTunes not liking the highest bit rate files that WMA Lossless produces. However see how this is an issue either because Firefly should be decoding the file before it sends the data to iTunes. These same files play with no issue on a Roku Soundbridge, it sees the entire collection without any problems.

Stupid Apple why isn’t iTunes compatible with other DLNA Servers like Windows Media Connect at least they don’t lose files between the server and client.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.