iTunes Library and NAS drives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulwa
    Participant

My iTunes library database is presently in the default location on my C drive, while my music files sit on a NAS drive, attched to my router. I set the NAS drive as the default location for Firefly.

Firefly sees the music files and allows me to play them, but it doesn’t see my iTunes playlists, obviously because they exist on the other drive. Is there a way to resolve this? Is it as simple as moving the database files onto the NAS drive?

Thanks.

grommet
    Participant

Copy the iTunes XML to where your content is now.

In your case, you might be able to add your “default” iTunes path to Firefly (it can scan multiple paths)… but I haven’t tested that scenario.

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

Copy the iTunes XML to where your content is now.

In your case, you might be able to add your “default” iTunes path to Firefly (it can scan multiple paths)… but I haven’t tested that scenario.

Yeah. You should be able to make your firefly path “My music/iTunes” or whatever and it should pick up the files from the nas.

You’ll have to go into control panel -> admin tools -> services and change the logon user for the firefly service to be a user with permissions to the share, but it should work okay.

— Ron

paulwa
    Participant

Your advice worked a treat, thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.