You are here: Home » Topic » iTunes in OS X 10.5 can’t see my share anymore

iTunes in OS X 10.5 can’t see my share anymore

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues iTunes in OS X 10.5 can’t see my share anymore

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2584

    Anonymous

    I have set up mt-daapd on Ubuntu 8.04.

    I can connect to http://server:3689 on my Mac which runs 10.5 and I can see that the server is running. The output of /var/log/mt-daapd.log also shows no problems.

    Last night, I was listening to this library in iTunes and it cut out and iTunes will no longer show the shared library. I have tried restarting the server and iTunes many times with no effect.

    What can be the problem?

    Cheers

    #17550

    Anonymous

    I am having the same problems with itunes on xp. I also have mt-daapd on ubuntu 8.04 (hardy).
    If i open itunes the music share is not there.
    But when i leave itunes open and give mt-daapd a restart the share becomes available.
    So on ubuntu 8.04 mt-daapd only makes itself known when it is starten and not later on. So the part that makes it known to the rest of the network stops working.

    Also i have to disable my nod32 firewall. So you may also want to look at that. Dont know if osx has an firewall.

    #17551

    Anonymous

    Well the odd thing is it is up now so I don’t think it can be a firewall issue.

    The only difference between now and this morning is that I actually restarted my linux box. I’m wondering if that has a different effect to simply restarting the mt-daapd service.

    Otherwise I have no idea and I suspect it will work and not work as and when it pleases… 😕

    #17552

    Anonymous

    There you go! It was just happily playing a song from my server then cut out for no reason 😥

    #17553

    Anonymous

    I’m having a similar problem. I upgraded iTunes to 7.7.1 (11). Here’s a debug level 9 of the Firefly/mt-daap service (I can access the website fine from the same machine):

    Thread 112: Entering ws_dispatcher (Connection from 192.168.0.3)
    Thread 112: got request
    Request: GET daap://192.168.0.2:3689/server-info HTTP/1.1
    Thread 112: Read: Accept: */*
    Thread 112: Adding header *Accept=*/**
    Added *Accept=*/**
    Thread 112: Read: User-Agent: iTunes/7.7.1 (Macintosh; N; Intel)
    Thread 112: Adding header *User-Agent=iTunes/7.7.1 (Macintosh; N; Intel)*
    Added *User-Agent=iTunes/7.7.1 (Macintosh; N; Intel)*
    Thread 112: Read: Client-DAAP-Version: 3.6
    Thread 112: Adding header *Client-DAAP-Version=3.6*
    Added *Client-DAAP-Version=3.6*
    Thread 112: Read: Client-DAAP-Access-Index: 2
    Thread 112: Adding header *Client-DAAP-Access-Index=2*
    Added *Client-DAAP-Access-Index=2*
    Thread 112: Read: Accept-Encoding: gzip
    Thread 112: Adding header *Accept-Encoding=gzip*
    Added *Accept-Encoding=gzip*
    Thread 112: Read:
    Thread 112: Headers parsed!
    Checking to see if connection matches close
    Nope!
    Thread 112: Connection type HTTP/1.1
    : Connection: persist
    Thread 112: Original URI: daap://192.168.0.2:3689/server-info
    Thread 112: Translated URI: /server-info
    Thread 112: Preparing to find handler
    Checking /server-info against handler for /
    Thread 112: URI Match!
    Thread 112: Time is 1218364069 seconds after epoch
    Thread 112: Setting time header
    Added *Date=Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:27:49 GMT*
    Added *Connection=keep-alive*
    Added *Server=mt-daapd/svn-1586*
    Added *Content-Type=text/html*
    Added *Content-Language=en_us*
    Thread 112: Using non-default handler
    in main_auth
    Dispatching auth for /server-info to config auth
    Checking if pw required for /server-info as admin
    Yep
    Added *WWW-Authenticate=Basic realm=”webserver”*
    Thread 112: Entering ws_returnerror (401: Unauthorized)
    Updating Connection from keep-alive to keep-alive
    Added *Content-Length=2*
    Emitting reponse header Content-Length: 2
    Emitting reponse header WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=”webserver”
    Emitting reponse header Content-Language: en_us
    Emitting reponse header Content-Type: text/html
    Emitting reponse header Server: mt-daapd/svn-1586
    Emitting reponse header Connection: keep-alive
    Emitting reponse header Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:27:49 GMT
    Thread 112: Terminating
    Thread 112: Freeing request headers
    Thread 112: Freeing response headers
    Thread 112: Freeing request vars
    Thread 112: could not read: Success
    Thread 112: Terminating
    Thread 112: Freeing request headers
    Thread 112: Freeing response headers
    Thread 112: Freeing request vars
    Thread 112: Closing fd
    With thread 112 exiting, 0 are still running

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.