iTunes doesn’t see library

• This topic has 28 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am running FireFly on Ubuntu and everything seems to be running fine but the library doesn’t show up in iTunes. I have tried with two different Windows XP computers and the library doesn’t show up in either.

This is my first attempt at setting up FireFly so I don’t even know where to start looking. Any information needed just let me know and I will be happy to provide it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have now tried to open ports 3689 and 5353 on my firewall and turning off the firewall all together but neither of these worked. I also have music sharing turn on in Banshee and Rhythmbox and iTunes doesn’t see either of these. Banshee and Rythembox also don’t see the shares from FireFly or see each other.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot to mention that I have a Linksys router and “Filter Multicast” is enabled.

sonichouse
    Participant

@Paul41 wrote:

I forgot to mention that I have a Linksys router and “Filter Multicast” is enabled.

What happens if you turn off the filter ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sonichouse wrote:

What happens if you turn off the filter ?

Still no luck

fizze
    Participant

What’s the exact model and version of your router?

What are the IP adresses of the soundbridge, and your server and client computers? And how are they connected to each other?

The “Filter multicast” option on a linksys router doesnt block local multicast, but multicast from the internet from appearing in the LAN, btw.
    So that should be turned on, really. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

The router is a Linksys WRT54GS.

Servers ip is 192.168.1.102 and the clients are 192.168.1.101 and 192.168.1.104. What would the soundbridge be and how would i get the ip for that (like I said I’m new to this ๐Ÿ™‚ )? All the computers are able to ping each other.

The server is on a wired connection to the router and the clients with iTunes are laptops with a wireless connection. Banshee and Rythembox are both on the box that is acting as the server.

fizze
    Participant

Ok, so the wireless laptop thats serving up is running Ubuntu and the wired PC is running Windows XP, right?

The fact that not even banshee or rhythmbox are able to see firefly’s share on the same computer tells me there is something wrong there ๐Ÿ˜‰

Can you access firefly’s web interface?
    Did you add any songs, can you use the old applet?
    http://localhost:3689/applet.html ? And do the songs play?

IF all thats working, likely avahi/bonjour is acting up.
    iTunes should be able to see a rhytmbox or banshee DAAP share, but not vice versa. I guess it’s best to leave out firefly of the equation until you’ve set network things straight.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually the wired pc is the one running Ubuntu and it is serving it up, the wireless laptops both have XP.

I can access the interface and have added music which plays. One thing that I am not sure about is on the “Services” of the web interface it says that Bonjour is stopped but doesn’t give a way to start it.

The fact that not even banshee or rhythmbox are able to see firefly’s share on the same computer tells me there is something wrong there Wink

I had the same thought, I just can’t figure out what it is that is wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just checked and Ubuntu says the avahi-daemon is running.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.