iTunes alternatives for Windows who support firefly/daap?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion iTunes alternatives for Windows who support firefly/daap?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thebordella

I have a working Firefly setup which I use with iTunes on my Windows machines. I connect to the firefly/daap share and all works fine.

But I like some other music management/player apps better than iTunes. I can’t seem to find any that work as well with firefly, though. I’ve tried MediaMonkey, for example, but it does not seem to support daap servers.

Are there any other Windows apps that will connect in realtime to firefly just like itunes?

EVILRipper
    Participant

Winamp or any music player that has some decent stream handling and supports .m3u playlists.

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=7076

mas
    Participant

Theres not much. There are almost no good DAAP/RSP clients for windows. iTunes of course but its bloatware.

There is a very crappy/alpha plugin for winamp. winamp out of the box wont do and any other streaming clients also not.

There is GIT aka Get It Together as java client.

There is the flash and java client built into firefly which is also beeign developed – look at the third party page.

There is a tool to create a playlist with streams out of a RSP database but thats a workaround and the mt-daapd crashes with some clients when you use it. Not to speak its really a warkaround and you need to regenerate the playlist on every db change — not good.

There are good clients for linux though. Amarok etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.