iTunes 7.3 – empty playlists

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steyn
    Participant

Just got my M1001-HR. So this is a new installation. All my music is availible on Soundbridge and I see all my playlists on the Soundbridge but the playlists are empty (i.e. no songs in them).

Config:
    Running SW v2.7.78 on Soundbridge.
    iTunes, Firefly (1.0 svn-1359) and Bonjour is running on an XP Home box (w/ SP2) and iTunes 7.3.
    All media and playlists are held on a NAS box.
    MP3 files are served fine and playlists are found but playlists are empty.
    Media Library location is entered as \IP addressdirectoryname in Firefly
    Firefly is loged in as user and not Local.

All the playlist are shown in the firefly web interface. BUT the playlists are all empty.
    Also, If I use iTunes 7.3 to open the Firefly Media Server under the “Shared” section in iTunes, then my playlists are shown but are also empty.

Any ideas?

gmd
    Participant

Check your playlists for path / drive information that’s incorrect.

rpedde
    Participant

@Steyn wrote:

Just got my M1001-HR. So this is a new installation. All my music is availible on Soundbridge and I see all my playlists on the Soundbridge but the playlists are empty (i.e. no songs in them).

Config:
    Running SW v2.7.78 on Soundbridge.
    iTunes, Firefly (1.0 svn-1359) and Bonjour is running on an XP Home box (w/ SP2) and iTunes 7.3.
    All media and playlists are held on a NAS box.
    MP3 files are served fine and playlists are found but playlists are empty.
    Media Library location is entered as \IP addressdirectoryname in Firefly
    Firefly is loged in as user and not Local.

All the playlist are shown in the firefly web interface. BUT the playlists are all empty.
    Also, If I use iTunes 7.3 to open the Firefly Media Server under the “Shared” section in iTunes, then my playlists are shown but are also empty.

Any ideas?

What gmd said. The paths in the playlist have to be either:

1. Relative
    2. Absolute matching the same path that the song is indexed in the db as.

So if you have a drive mapped “m:”, say, to the music share, and the music path in firefly is \servermusicmp3song.mp3, then if you have a playlist on the file server with “M:song.mp3”, it might play fine from your workstation, but firefly doesn’t know that m: corresponds to \servermusic.

Trying to get #2 to work is painful.

Much easier just to use relative paths in your playlists. that should fix it.

— Ron

Steyn
    Participant

Ron,
    I am out of my depth here. Can you them please explain how to use the Relative path in my playlist? iTunes only allow me to specify a mapped “m:” as my music folder since you have to select the directory from a tree sctructure and I can’t edit the line in iTunes to be \IP addressmusic. And as your help files indicated, FireFly needs the \IP addressmusic structure. So how do I use the Relative path to satisfy FireFly and iTunes?

Thanks,
    Danie

rpedde
    Participant

@Steyn wrote:

Ron,
    I am out of my depth here. Can you them please explain how to use the Relative path in my playlist? iTunes only allow me to specify a mapped “m:” as my music folder since you have to select the directory from a tree sctructure and I can’t edit the line in iTunes to be \IP addressmusic. And as your help files indicated, FireFly needs the \IP addressmusic structure. So how do I use the Relative path to satisfy FireFly and iTunes?

Thanks,
    Danie

Ah, if you mean iTunes playlists, you should be able to do that by just pointing the music directory in firefly to your “My Music” path, so long as you have latest nightlies (http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org).

that should work.

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.