You are here: Home » Topic » iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4page 2

iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5358
    rpedde
    Participant

    @writeson wrote:

    Yep, sure did, and it’s checked.

    Okay, now here’s the very strange new wrinkle. I was just working on my wife’s laptop, which also has iTunes version 6.0.5.20 (same as on my laptop), and it sees the mt-daapd server just fine, plays music from it no problem. So now I’m very confused why hers works and mine doesn’t. 🙁

    Doug

    Any 3rd party firewalls?

    #5359
    writeson
    Participant

    Nope, the only one I have installed is the WinXP default firewall, and I’ve got that disabled at the moment. One of the strange things is that my wife’s laptop also has the WinXP firewall installed, and running currently, and her iTunes is seeing the mt-daapd server. Strange……

    Thanks again for the quick reply,
    Doug

    #5360
    anakha
    Guest

    I also have problems with iTunes 6.0.5 (20) [on a mac PPC, with OS X 10.4.7]

    I see my share in the iTunes sidebars but when I click on it to load the music it gets busy for a while then errors out with this message:


    The shared music library “celas” is not accessible for an unknown reason. (-3259)

    Check that any firewall software running on either the shared computer or this computer has been set to allow communication on port 3689.

    However on another computer of mine [win2k sp4] with iTunes 6.0.0.18 (due to other problems updating does not work) can play that share fine.

    The logs don’t show anything abnormal and nothing big is happening when I try to connect (meaning mt-daapd does not suddenly jumps to 100% CPU).

    The computer running mt-daapd [0.2.4] is on OpenBSD 3.9 on i386. It is moslty idle.

    To advertise the share I use the howl library rather than the built-in mDNS implementation.

    edit:
    Applying the patch to webserver.c available at http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/changeset/1285 fixes the problem.

    #5361
    artagesw
    Guest

    Add me to the list. My setup was working perfectly with iTunes 6.0.4 and nightly build 1359. However, I set up an identical system for another person and his iTunes was not able to see his “shared (via firefly)” iTunes playlists. Eventually, I noticed the only difference between our setups was that he was running iTunes 6.0.5 and I was running 6.0.4. So, as an experiment, I upgraded to iTunes 6.0.5 and – voila – no more playlists.

    iTunes 6.0.5 finds the firefly server fine, and displays and plays the songs fine. But, it cannot see any playlists. Something has changed, either in the protocol or in the format of the XML file…

    #5362
    artagesw
    Guest

    A bit more info. I think the problem is in the scanning of the XML file. I just tried accessing the firefly server from another mac running iTunes 6.0.4, and it does not display the playlists either. This tells me it’s not a protocol problem, but a scanning problem.

    Also, if I check the “smart playlists” pane in the firefly web interface, it is not showing the playlists there either. It was displaying them before the upgrade to iTunes 6.0.5. (My “iTunes Music Library.xml” file is being generated by the iTunes 6.0.5 machine.

    #5363
    artagesw
    Guest

    OK, so I’m an idiot. 😳 Please scratch my previous two posts. (Ron, feel free to delete them!)

    It was in fact a configuration error on my part (well, post-configuration – an accidentally deleted symlink to the iTunes xml file).

    It is working fine with iTunes 6.0.5.

    Incidentally, running with the -d option is what allowed me to finally track this down. Thanks for all the great debug output!

    #5364
    rpedde
    Participant

    @artagesw wrote:

    OK, so I’m an idiot. 😳 Please scratch my previous two posts. (Ron, feel free to delete them!)

    It was in fact a configuration error on my part (well, post-configuration – an accidentally deleted symlink to the iTunes xml file).

    It is working fine with iTunes 6.0.5.

    Incidentally, running with the -d option is what allowed me to finally track this down. Thanks for all the great debug output!

    Ah. This is good. I was having problems replicating this. 🙂

    I’ll leave the posts as a cautionary tale for others. Lol.

    — Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.