iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    lemketron
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@lemketron wrote:

Well, to answer part of my own previous posting, 0.2.5 seems to work fine with iTunes 6.0.5 now that I’ve had a chance to download and install it (from the nightlies page: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/).

I also find myself in the position that I can’t duplicate the “not working” behavior of 0.2.4. Neither can anyone else, either, apparently, as nobody has complained.

To be fair, I didn’t actually try 0.2.4 with 6.0.5. I downloaded and built 0.2.4 but as I was about to install it I ran across comments about 6.0.5 and then went straight to 0.2.5 (once I found it on the nightlies page), which worked fine.

@rpedde wrote:

WRT to upgrading to nightlies, the dependencies you need are libid3tag (still), and sqlite 2.x or 3.x (2.x seems more stable).

Like mlomker (above), I ran into problems trying to load sqlite (3, iirc), but that was quite a while back. I may investigate debian-izing my Linkstation (and mt-daapd) as I’d love to ultimately be able to update mt-daapd by just doing an “apt-get upgrade”…
    –Steve

shokk
    Participant

Well, nothing changed in my setup, but it’s working normally again with 0.2.4 and iTunes 6.0.5. Something may just have been messed up with my ssh pipe for a while, but even that did not change. Ah, well, back to listening…

writeson
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve also got problems with iTunes 6.0.5.20 and mt-daapd 0.2.4-1. The iTunes application on my WindowsXP laptop doesn’t see the mt-daapd server. However, the Roku Soundbridge M1000 I’ve got connected to my stereo sees the mt-daapd server just fine.

Any help how to resolve this would be great.

Thanks,
    Doug

rpedde
    Participant

@writeson wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve also got problems with iTunes 6.0.5.20 and mt-daapd 0.2.4-1. The iTunes application on my WindowsXP laptop doesn’t see the mt-daapd server. However, the Roku Soundbridge M1000 I’ve got connected to my stereo sees the mt-daapd server just fine.

Any help how to resolve this would be great.

Thanks,
    Doug

Did you check the box in preferences that says “Search for shared music”?

writeson
    Participant

Yep, sure did, and it’s checked.

Okay, now here’s the very strange new wrinkle. I was just working on my wife’s laptop, which also has iTunes version 6.0.5.20 (same as on my laptop), and it sees the mt-daapd server just fine, plays music from it no problem. So now I’m very confused why hers works and mine doesn’t. 🙁

Doug

rpedde
    Participant

@writeson wrote:

Yep, sure did, and it’s checked.

Okay, now here’s the very strange new wrinkle. I was just working on my wife’s laptop, which also has iTunes version 6.0.5.20 (same as on my laptop), and it sees the mt-daapd server just fine, plays music from it no problem. So now I’m very confused why hers works and mine doesn’t. 🙁

Doug

Any 3rd party firewalls?

writeson
    Participant

Nope, the only one I have installed is the WinXP default firewall, and I’ve got that disabled at the moment. One of the strange things is that my wife’s laptop also has the WinXP firewall installed, and running currently, and her iTunes is seeing the mt-daapd server. Strange……

Thanks again for the quick reply,
    Doug

anakha

I also have problems with iTunes 6.0.5 (20) [on a mac PPC, with OS X 10.4.7]

I see my share in the iTunes sidebars but when I click on it to load the music it gets busy for a while then errors out with this message:

The shared music library “celas” is not accessible for an unknown reason. (-3259)

Check that any firewall software running on either the shared computer or this computer has been set to allow communication on port 3689.

However on another computer of mine [win2k sp4] with iTunes 6.0.0.18 (due to other problems updating does not work) can play that share fine.

The logs don’t show anything abnormal and nothing big is happening when I try to connect (meaning mt-daapd does not suddenly jumps to 100% CPU).

The computer running mt-daapd [0.2.4] is on OpenBSD 3.9 on i386. It is moslty idle.

To advertise the share I use the howl library rather than the built-in mDNS implementation.

edit:
    Applying the patch to webserver.c available at http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/changeset/1285 fixes the problem.

artagesw

Add me to the list. My setup was working perfectly with iTunes 6.0.4 and nightly build 1359. However, I set up an identical system for another person and his iTunes was not able to see his “shared (via firefly)” iTunes playlists. Eventually, I noticed the only difference between our setups was that he was running iTunes 6.0.5 and I was running 6.0.4. So, as an experiment, I upgraded to iTunes 6.0.5 and – voila – no more playlists.

iTunes 6.0.5 finds the firefly server fine, and displays and plays the songs fine. But, it cannot see any playlists. Something has changed, either in the protocol or in the format of the XML file…

artagesw

A bit more info. I think the problem is in the scanning of the XML file. I just tried accessing the firefly server from another mac running iTunes 6.0.4, and it does not display the playlists either. This tells me it’s not a protocol problem, but a scanning problem.

Also, if I check the “smart playlists” pane in the firefly web interface, it is not showing the playlists there either. It was displaying them before the upgrade to iTunes 6.0.5. (My “iTunes Music Library.xml” file is being generated by the iTunes 6.0.5 machine.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.