You are here: Home » Topic » iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4

iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #402
    shokk
    Participant

    Looks like something has changed in iTunes. I can no longer see my 0.2.4 server. Is this fixed in a recent nightly?

    #5344
    rpedde
    Participant

    @shokk wrote:

    Looks like something has changed in iTunes. I can no longer see my 0.2.4 server. Is this fixed in a recent nightly?

    Check that you are looking for shared music in your prefs.

    Beyond that, I’ll update and see.

    — Ron

    #5345
    svizi
    Guest

    Everything works fine with iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4.

    #5346
    shokk
    Participant

    @svizi wrote:

    Everything works fine with iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4.

    Looks like this may be an issue with the RendezvousProxy then. Off to find a replacement. I’m forwarding through an SSH pipe, so I need a proxy to help out.
    http://www.shokk.com/blog/articles/2006/02/06/getting-ipods-and-itunes-everywhere

    #5347
    rpedde
    Participant

    @shokk wrote:

    @svizi wrote:

    Everything works fine with iTunes 6.0.5 and mt-daapd 0.2.4.

    Looks like this may be an issue with the RendezvousProxy then. Off to find a replacement. I’m forwarding through an SSH pipe, so I need a proxy to help out.
    http://www.shokk.com/blog/articles/2006/02/06/getting-ipods-and-itunes-everywhere

    It looks like it might be rendezvous related or something… I got mixed results. Anyone?

    #5348
    arjan1973
    Guest

    0.2.4 stopped working here when iTunes upgraded to 6.0.5
    Running OSX 10.4.7

    #5349
    lemketron
    Participant

    @arjan1973 wrote:

    0.2.4 stopped working here when iTunes upgraded to 6.0.5

    It looks as though this was fixed in http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/changeset/1285 on the 4th, but I haven’t been able to find any discussion about the fix on the forums here.

    Dang, I just finished fetching 0.2.4 and re-building it on my LinkStation to use with iTunes, and then I discover that 0.2.4 won’t work with 6.0.5. (I lived with the previous 6.0.4 breakage since the Soundbridge was still working, but was hoping to resolve that today).

    Is anything holding up the release of 0.2.5? I don’t actually see how to get it short of grabbing it from the fixes branch…
    [edit: Oops, now I see it, in test-release form: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/. Heh. Missed it earlier when skimming through all the nightly comments from the bottom-up.]

    Is there a message posting or wiki page somewhere that describes how to go from a crusty old stable release (I’m still running 0.2.1.1) to the latest nightly? It seems (from looking through the long list of nightly changes) that there are many things that change and appear to prevent the latest nightlies from being just a drop-in replacement for an older stable. Last time I went to upgrade (when 6.0.4 broke 0.2.1.1, but wasn’t fixed in a new release yet) I ran into this same problem.

    I’m a Linux software (tools) engineer by day, so I can probably figure this all out, but I was just looking for a hint if there’s already a page somewhere that describes all of the stable–>nightly changes (iTunes.xml? config file changes? sqlite3? anything else?).

    Thanks in advance!

    #5350
    lemketron
    Participant

    @lemketron wrote:

    Dang, I just finished fetching 0.2.4 and re-building it on my LinkStation to use with iTunes, and then I discover that 0.2.4 won’t work with 6.0.5. (I lived with the previous 6.0.4 breakage since the Soundbridge was still working, but was hoping to resolve that today).

    Well, to answer part of my own previous posting, 0.2.5 seems to work fine with iTunes 6.0.5 now that I’ve had a chance to download and install it (from the nightlies page: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/).

    I’m still interesting in a transition guide from 0.2.x to latest-nightly; perhaps I should ask that in the Nightlies forum… (and some sort of installable package for the Linkstation would be nice too; maybe I can help with that at some point).
    –Steve

    #5351
    mlomker
    Guest

    @lemketron wrote:

    I’m still interesting in a transition guide from 0.2.x to latest-nightly; perhaps I should ask that in the Nightlies forum…

    Not sure which LinkStation you own, but I couldn’t figure out how to get libsqlite installed on my LS2 (mipsel). I was going to try compiling my own but there were more dependencies than someone with my linux skills could tackle. If you upgrade to a full debian install (freelink is available for PPC) then the installation is a piece of cake–that’s what I ended up doing.

    #5352
    rpedde
    Participant

    @lemketron wrote:

    Well, to answer part of my own previous posting, 0.2.5 seems to work fine with iTunes 6.0.5 now that I’ve had a chance to download and install it (from the nightlies page: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/).

    I also find myself in the position that I can’t duplicate the “not working” behavior of 0.2.4. Neither can anyone else, either, apparently, as nobody has complained.

    WRT to upgrading to nightlies, the dependencies you need are libid3tag (still), and sqlite 2.x or 3.x (2.x seems more stable).

    If you want transcoding of ogg/vorbis, you need libogg and libvorbis. If you want transcoding of flac, you need lib FLAC (plus appropriate command-line decoders for both).

    — Ron

    #5353
    lemketron
    Participant

    @rpedde wrote:

    @lemketron wrote:

    Well, to answer part of my own previous posting, 0.2.5 seems to work fine with iTunes 6.0.5 now that I’ve had a chance to download and install it (from the nightlies page: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/).

    I also find myself in the position that I can’t duplicate the “not working” behavior of 0.2.4. Neither can anyone else, either, apparently, as nobody has complained.

    To be fair, I didn’t actually try 0.2.4 with 6.0.5. I downloaded and built 0.2.4 but as I was about to install it I ran across comments about 6.0.5 and then went straight to 0.2.5 (once I found it on the nightlies page), which worked fine.

    @rpedde wrote:

    WRT to upgrading to nightlies, the dependencies you need are libid3tag (still), and sqlite 2.x or 3.x (2.x seems more stable).

    Like mlomker (above), I ran into problems trying to load sqlite (3, iirc), but that was quite a while back. I may investigate debian-izing my Linkstation (and mt-daapd) as I’d love to ultimately be able to update mt-daapd by just doing an “apt-get upgrade”…
    –Steve

    #5354
    shokk
    Participant

    Well, nothing changed in my setup, but it’s working normally again with 0.2.4 and iTunes 6.0.5. Something may just have been messed up with my ssh pipe for a while, but even that did not change. Ah, well, back to listening…

    #5355
    writeson
    Participant

    Hi all,

    I’ve also got problems with iTunes 6.0.5.20 and mt-daapd 0.2.4-1. The iTunes application on my WindowsXP laptop doesn’t see the mt-daapd server. However, the Roku Soundbridge M1000 I’ve got connected to my stereo sees the mt-daapd server just fine.

    Any help how to resolve this would be great.

    Thanks,
    Doug

    #5356
    rpedde
    Participant

    @writeson wrote:

    Hi all,

    I’ve also got problems with iTunes 6.0.5.20 and mt-daapd 0.2.4-1. The iTunes application on my WindowsXP laptop doesn’t see the mt-daapd server. However, the Roku Soundbridge M1000 I’ve got connected to my stereo sees the mt-daapd server just fine.

    Any help how to resolve this would be great.

    Thanks,
    Doug

    Did you check the box in preferences that says “Search for shared music”?

    #5357
    writeson
    Participant

    Yep, sure did, and it’s checked.

    Okay, now here’s the very strange new wrinkle. I was just working on my wife’s laptop, which also has iTunes version 6.0.5.20 (same as on my laptop), and it sees the mt-daapd server just fine, plays music from it no problem. So now I’m very confused why hers works and mine doesn’t. 🙁

    Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.