Is there a spec for the query format?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Is there a spec for the query format?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    scottbilas

Hello, I’m working on making a little DJ program that runs off Firefly. I’m using RSP because it’s fast and simple but I’m having trouble with some of the query syntax. The returned XML is easy, the hard part for me is what can go into the URL and the headers.

I’ve figured out this so far:

rsp/info = server status
    rsp/db = list all playlists
    rsp/db/*|id = detailed list of songs for a given playlist (or entire library)
    rsp/db/*|id/artist|genre|album|composer = simple distinct list of the given category
    rsp/stream/id = standard http audio stream

That’s the easy part. But I’m also seeing that Firefly supports some extra stuff for RSP like ‘query’ (additional filters? what kind of syntax can I use?), ‘type’ (detail level maybe?), and ‘limit’ and ‘offset’ (db cursor for chunking queries?).

I’m most interested in the filtering ability. For example it would be really useful to set ‘query’ to return a list of all songs for a particular artist. I’ve tried setting header variables but it tends to make Firefly crash, I assume from unexpected data.

Can you get me pointed in the right direction? Thanks!

Scott

rpedde
    Participant

@scottbilas wrote:

Can you get me pointed in the right direction? Thanks!

I’m going to get that all on the wiki, in the meantime if you email me at [email protected], I’ll email you the info you need to get it going.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.