irc?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jkp

i reckon the project needs an irc channel by now. anyone else feel it would be of use? freenode is a good network if people are interested.

jkp

velociped
    Participant

I would be inclined to open the subject of an IRC channel to discussion.

My first question would be to inquire as to why you feel such a resource would be a needed.

Chat channels have their benefits, but this project lacks sufficient admins and developers to offer adequate coverage of a channel dedicated solely to mt-daapd. IMO, the forums provide decent support for troubleshooting issues and that would likely be the primary focus of a project channel. Do you not agree?

Herman

jkp

agreed. but i think irc is nice coz its real time. if there are even just a few people lingering on the edges in a room dedicated to a certain topic, they may notice people asking questions and be able to help there and then. also it puts users directly in touch with others and they can exchange ideas and bounce things of each other live….

those are just a couple of reasons i like irc. all i can say is ive been using this stuff for about a year now and i know i would hang out in such a channel if there was a link on the main page others might turn up…who knows…cant hurt to try though!

jamie

rpedde
    Participant

I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to that idea… I typically don’t spend a *lot* of time on IRC, but it wouldn’t hurt any.

Hrm… on freenet you have to register channels, right?

Does it allow bouncers? Bots?

dreamer

For anyone who’s interested, There is currently an #mt-daapd on irc.freenode.net

Not alot of users (rpedde has never said anything), but maybe we can get things going over there.

fizze
    Participant

I’ll try to stop by now and then 😉

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

I’ll try to stop by now and then 😉

I’ve been moving at work, and haven’t had internet in the new building (southwestern bell… morons), so ihaven’t been able to get on at work, plus I’ve been at work quite a bit facilitating the move, so I haven’t had much of a chance to work on much of anything at home, but yeah… that’s where I’ll be when I’m working on this.

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.