Invalid web_root when starting

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    evandena
    Participant

Well, now I’m stuck with another issue:
    Invalid config directive: db_type
    Error reading config file (/etc/mt-daapd.conf)

My config contains:
    db_type = sqlite3

I compiled:
    ./configure –prefix=/usr –enable-sqlite3 –with-sqlite3-includes=/usr/include –with-sqlite3-libs=/usr/lib

Not quite sure what to do now ๐Ÿ˜•

fizze
    Participant

does it work with just “sqlite”? that should enable sqlite2, actually.

Did you get any build warnings related to sqlite?

evandena
    Participant

Both Sqlite and Sqlite3 are returning the same error. I didn’t see any build errors related to Sqlite, but it wasn’t a very clean install due to some remnants of the previous version.

Is there a best practice on how to completely uninstall (from source) so I can start over fresh?

Anonymous
    Inactive

evandena,

I have taken the exact same path that you have…and am now in the exact same boat. I was having the same problem getting mt-daapd to read my MP3 PATH (similar to your admin path). I started using a stable version of mt-daapd….and now am using the latest nightly. I have successfully compiled sqlite3…..and am now having the same “db_type” problem that you are. I will post here if I find a solution….and you please do the same.

I would also like to try compiling the nightly with sqlite (not sqlite3, but I am unable to locate a source download for sqlite).

Wish I had good news for you, perhaps the problem is with the nightly. Will keep you posted.

Curt

Anonymous
    Inactive

More feedback:

Just tried the latest svn-1696 build…..and no difference. ๐Ÿ™

I think next step is to try a complete uninstall and start from scatch as you mentioned before.\

fizze
    Participant

The config file format has changed a lot, and so have the options.
    So my advice is to delete the config file and start with the sample from the nightly version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for response. Already did that. Starting over completely. Aborting Slackware 12.2 and switching to Debian.

I think I made a bad distro starting choice for a Linux rookie. Although I did get my wireless running uder Slack…which is a feat in itself…lol.

Hopefully..I wont be back on this thread.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Switched to Debian, installed “etch” nightly withut a hitch. There will be Xmas songs on the Roku tonight ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for everyones help.

fizze
    Participant

Yes, thats good. Don’t install mt-daapd from the debian feeds. They’ve messed up the web interface and some other stuff quite much.
    The nightly doesnt support sqlite3 afaik, but thats no biggie.

Enjoy the SoundBridge! ๐Ÿ™‚

evandena
    Participant

I’ve tried a clean uninstall and reinstall, and I’m still getting Invalid config directive: db_type

What were your exact steps ceejaycee?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.