Instant XML for web from library file

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests Instant XML for web from library file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey.

So far, I enjoy the Firefly Media Server at maximum volume;)
    The greatest invention in a long time, really. Been seeking to find such software in some time.

Since I’m a music nerd, I’m only running on low compressed mp3’s (320 kbps) or FLAC to be satisfied. I’m very into exchange personal favorites among other people. I’m using last.fm-client with my iTunes, which again feeds from Firefly.

I’m also into graphics and web. So, a really cool feature would be a optional standalone app or maybe some kind of plug-in that could convert the library-file into a huge XML-file which again could be used as a web page database.

I.e. I’m running an apache web server on the very same box that I run Firefly on. How awsome wouldn’t it be if a app could instantly update/rewrite a web XML-file in a predecided destination, which one could set as an embed target in a HTML/CSS-file somewhere?
    An XML including all band details that ID3 does. Like, i.e.

… you get the idea ๐Ÿ™‚

With this option, I would be able to have “My music library” instantly updated on my webpage, so that people could take a look at what I’ve got:)

Iris
    Participant

Check out MediaMonkey and the add-on script “AdvancedReportModify” – that’ll do exactly what you’re after.

Iris

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, and thanks for the replay on this one.

The only problem with MediaMonkey is that it’s for windows.
    My idea would be to make a script/application that you either run manually from time to time, or that runs everytime a change is noticed in the size of the firefly library file. Or maybe set it up to run on a daily basis for instance. And again, unfortunatley I’m running Firefly on my linux-box. That’s why I can’t use MediaMonkey.

But hey, the thought was good so keep ’em coming ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@anders wrote:

Hey.

So far, I enjoy the Firefly Media Server at maximum volume;)
    The greatest invention in a long time, really. Been seeking to find such software in some time.

Since I’m a music nerd, I’m only running on low compressed mp3’s (320 kbps) or FLAC to be satisfied. I’m very into exchange personal favorites among other people. I’m using last.fm-client with my iTunes, which again feeds from Firefly.

I’m also into graphics and web. So, a really cool feature would be a optional standalone app or maybe some kind of plug-in that could convert the library-file into a huge XML-file which again could be used as a web page database.

I.e. I’m running an apache web server on the very same box that I run Firefly on. How awsome wouldn’t it be if a app could instantly update/rewrite a web XML-file in a predecided destination, which one could set as an embed target in a HTML/CSS-file somewhere?
    An XML including all band details that ID3 does. Like, i.e.

… you get the idea ๐Ÿ™‚

With this option, I would be able to have “My music library” instantly updated on my webpage, so that people could take a look at what I’ve got:)

How about you use the xml-rpc interface to do realtime queries against the server just like a client?

As an example:

http://hp-server2.local.:9999/rsp/db/1/artist

Audioslave
    Blind Guardian
    Demons & Wizards
    Bjork
    See-Saw
    Emily Bindiger
    ????
    Boa
    Chris Cornell
    Propellerheads

Cool, eh?

There are a bunch of xml calls you can do, including get full xml details of entire library. You can do queries as well, so you could do a complete library browser.

Email me at [email protected], and I can send you the details you need to do something like that.

I *need* to get that stuff on the wiki.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey!

Awsome! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sure I’ll send you an email on it.

Anders.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.