You are here: Home » Topic » Install sv1498 on NSLU2

Install sv1498 on NSLU2

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  artworkz 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1058

    polson
    Participant

    I installed version 1498 on NSLU2.
    It did not start because Iwas missing libFLAC.so.8.

    Did some search and found out that I had to make a symlink. Now FireFly is starting.

    #8920

    jheinitz
    Participant

    @polson wrote:

    I installed version 1498 on NSLU2.
    It did not start because Iwas missing libFLAC.so.8.

    Did some search and found out that I had to make a symlink. Now FireFly is starting.

    Hi,

    I installed svn-1498 on an NSLU2 as well. I had the sam problem, but instead of creating a symbolic link, I upgraded the flac package by typing:

    1.) Update list of available packages
    ipkg update
    2.) Upgrade the FLAC package from I guess 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 or so.
    ipkg upgrade flac.

    That fixed my problem. I think by creating a symbolic link, you are able to start the server, but you are still using an old version of the FLAC libs. You should consider of upgrading the FLAC package as well.

    #8921

    fizze
    Participant

    while before the newer libFLAC wasn’t compatible with the (old) firefly packages, now the firefly package is requireing a newer libFLAC.

    So for those who install firefly with all deps freshly, it will work out of the box.
    You dont need a symlnik. ipkg update, ipkg upgrade should be your friends, first and foremost. 😉

    #8922

    polson
    Participant

    @jheinitz wrote:

    2.) Upgrade the FLAC package from I guess 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 or so.
    ipkg upgrade flac.

    That fixed my problem. I think by creating a symbolic link, you are able to start the server, but you are still using an old version of the FLAC libs. You should consider of upgrading the FLAC package as well.

    Ok, I did the flac upgrade and all is working ok. Thankz for the reply.

    #8923

    mas
    Participant

    Compiled it on the DebianLE NSLU, works.

    No upgrade needed using libflac7 v1.1.2-5, but I compiled it myself so should work with the installed versions anyway then.

    #8924

    [email protected]
    Participant

    @jheinitz wrote:

    I installed svn-1498 on an NSLU2 as well. I had the same problem, but instead of creating a symbolic link, I upgraded the flac package by typing:

    1.) Update list of available packages
    ipkg update
    2.) Upgrade the FLAC package from I guess 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 or so.
    ipkg upgrade flac.

    Thanks for that jheinitz – it’s working for me now 🙂

    #8925

    barnseyboy
    Participant

    xbox integration working fine for me on debianslug with xbmc2.0

    mucho thanks

    #8926

    artworkz
    Participant

    doesn’t work at all for me

    xbmc SVN 2007-02-01 (1st of February 2007) rev7767
    openslug on nslu2
    mt-daapd 1498 sqlite

    maybe it will run on sqlite3 – ill try

    #8927

    artworkz
    Participant

    okay – something is up with sqlite
    whatever now it runs with sqlite3 BUT when i open the library, the mp3s are listed one by one, not the artists as usal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.