Install Firefly on OpenWRT – error: "not found"

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Install Firefly on OpenWRT – error: "not found"

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #14163
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Martinierius wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    Can the file be opened for read? Can you copy it to another file? does it “file” as an executable?

    Other than something strange like fs corruption.

    Same here:

      I can make a copy of the file.
      I can open the file in vi, begins with “^?ELF^A^A^A^@^@…”

    (the “^?ELF” is something all executables seem to start with.)

    what does “file /usr/sbin/mt-daapd” say? Is the the right architecture? Compare it to the output of “uname -a”

    #14164
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @rpedde wrote:

    what does “file /usr/sbin/mt-daapd” say? Is the the right architecture? Compare it to the output of “uname -a”

    I don’t have the “file” command. Is there a package for it?

    uname -a
    Linux Mainframe 2.4.30 #1 Wed Aug 8 08:21:33 CDT 2007 mips unknown

    This is the source I use for Firefly:

    src firefly http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/mipsel/

    When I uninstall mt-daapd and install from http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/wl500g then I get a segmentation fault when trying to run firefly.

    #14165
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @Martinierius wrote:

    When I uninstall mt-daapd and install from http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/wl500g then I get a segmentation fault when trying to run firefly.

    Does this mean I should continue troubleshooting with this other MIPSEL version of firefly?

    #14166
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Martinierius wrote:

    @Martinierius wrote:

    When I uninstall mt-daapd and install from http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/wl500g then I get a segmentation fault when trying to run firefly.

    Does this mean I should continue troubleshooting with this other MIPSEL version of firefly?

    Dunno… sounds like it’s not compiled with the same toolchain or something as the source you have.

    You can try the other ones, but I’m not sure how much luck that will be. You have any references for the toolchain used on the firmware you are using?

    #14167
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @rpedde wrote:

    You have any references for the toolchain used on the firmware you are using?

    Is this what you mean:
    http://downloads.openwrt.org/docs/buildroot-documentation.html

    #14168
    fizze
    Participant

    Well, there’s ipkg for OpenWRT, and its part of OpenEmbedded now, so I do not see why it shouldn’t compile with the unslung environment, if thats configured properly?

    Your links looks promising.

    To compile an ipkg for unslung on an NSLU2/arm5 its very easy to install a cross-compile toolchain on top a Linux OS.

    #14169
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @fizze wrote:

    Well, there’s ipkg for OpenWRT, and its part of OpenEmbedded now, so I do not see why it shouldn’t compile with the unslung environment, if thats configured properly?

    Your links looks promising.

    To compile an ipkg for unslung on an NSLU2/arm5 its very easy to install a cross-compile toolchain on top a Linux OS.

    I don’t understand what you mean 🙁
    – Should I use another firmware (unslung?)
    – Should I compile something on another linux OS? (sounds difficult)

    This page says that with Optware-uClibcBuild (which I am using) I can use the ddwrt package feed:
    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/Optware-uClibcBuild
    this way I was able to install samba for example. If I understand correctly Optware-uClibcBuild is a kind of toolchain? (or not?)

    Is it an indication on being able to get the latest firefly working on openwrt?

    #14170
    fizze
    Participant

    You’re on the right track 🙂

    See section entitled “And what if the program I need is not available in the existing packages?” on that very page you linked to.

    Obviously you need to execute these commands on a linux box with internet access. It then automagically downloads and installs a lot of stuff so that YOU can compile packages (ipkg’s) for YOUR specific device.

    So, thats what you want, isn’t it? 😉

    #14171
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @fizze wrote:

    So, thats what you want, isn’t it? 😉

    I’m afraid that compiling packages is a bit out of my league.

    But I still want to thank everybody for all the suggestions.

    I once installed mt-daapd via ipkg feed for openwrt as my pinnacle Soundbridge has no license for the daap protocol so I hoped to get the latest version running. But maybe one day a linux guru compiles the latest firefly for openwrt…

    #14172
    rpedde
    Participant

    @Martinierius wrote:

    @fizze wrote:

    So, thats what you want, isn’t it? 😉

    I’m afraid that compiling packages is a bit out of my league.

    But I still want to thank everybody for all the suggestions.

    I once installed mt-daapd via ipkg feed for openwrt as my pinnacle Soundbridge has no license for the daap protocol so I hoped to get the latest version running. But maybe one day a linux guru compiles the latest firefly for openwrt…

    I’m hesitant to mess with my openwrt box, because it’s my internet router. :/

    Maybe I can hook up a different router and then use that for a test bed. If I did, it wouldn’t be for a while, though. I’m working on the stable first.

    — Ron

    #14173
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @rpedde wrote:

    I’m hesitant to mess with my openwrt box, because it’s my internet router. :/

    Maybe I can hook up a different router and then use that for a test bed. If I did, it wouldn’t be for a while, though. I’m working on the stable first.

    I understand

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.