in svn-1463, where are the dynamic playlists stored?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues in svn-1463, where are the dynamic playlists stored?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davy_gravy
    Participant

in svn-1463, where are the dynamic playlists stored?

I was accustomed to being able to edit /etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist to make changes in 0.2.4. While I **really** like the new version w/ the playlist editor/wizard, I can’t seem to find where this info is recorded…

Anybody know?

ps. I’m using svn-1463 on a Linkstation running Debian, and a M1001 Roku. Very, very nice combination.

CCRDude
    Participant

It’s in the database itself. How to view/edit depends on the type of database you have, e.g. sqlite2 or sqlite3…

davy_gravy
    Participant

this sounds tricky to edit.

Know anyone who has done it successfully – or is it something best left alone? (one of those “don’t tinker here” signs posted next to it…?)

CCRDude
    Participant

If your db is sqlite3, you could open it using:

sqlite3 /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs3.db

For sqlite2, it’s probably

sqlite /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db

Not sure what command line gdbm editor there would be for /var/cache/mt-daapd/songd.gdb …

Now (lets assume sqlite) you could type

select * from playlists;

To list the existing playlists.

If you know a bit about sql syntax, you can do with it whatever you want. Since sqlite is not designed for parallel access though, I would stop Firefly while you manipulate the DB.

rpedde
    Participant

If you know a bit about sql syntax, you can do with it whatever you want. Since sqlite is not designed for parallel access though, I would stop Firefly while you manipulate the DB.

It *might* work even with it running — it’s got retries set up, so as long as you don’t use a persistent connection to the db, you *ought* to be able to much around with it as long as you don’t do long-running queries.

Or so theory says, anyway.

What ccrdude said is right, though… turning off the server while mucking with the db will always work, whereas leaving it running *should probably* work.

But you know how that goes.

Best documentation for how the playlists work is to look at the existing playlists… The only fields you need to fill in for a self-built “smart” playlist (iirc) is “name”, “type” (1), and “query”. You can leave the rest defaults.

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.