I need help with iTunes and Firefly. I am not so smart!!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues I need help with iTunes and Firefly. I am not so smart!!

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I can not access it from any of my computers. It will ask for a password and then just say waiting for 192.168.1.101:9999. it will never go any farther.

EVILRipper
    Participant

It asks for a password. That means it has found the adminpage. So firefly is running fine.
    However, when it does nothing, maybe it’s the wrong password?
    Or the adminpage is just not responding. Which I haven’t seen before actually.

Or you have something else with a password running on port 9999. But that chance is too small to be true. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I enter the wrong password it will prompt me for another. I have tried 3 build versions 14xx, 15xx and 16xx. They all do the same thing, nothing! I use a Linksys router could the been a problem? It is a WRT54G. Thanks again for your time

fizze
    Participant

Yes, if you have enabled to block javascript, etc in the security settings pane.

Normally the Linksys WRT54G routers are rock solid. I’ve got 3 of them 😉
    Also, you need to have javascript enabled in your browser, and the likes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What setting are needed on my router? I have messed with a lot of differant setting but still no luck. What am I missing? Any one in the SLC, utah area looking to make some cash?

fizze
    Participant

Can you tell me which options you have enabled in all the tabs in the Security settings pane?

There are options that control stuff like Internet Protection, NAS redirection, Javascript, ActiveX…. etc.

How are all your computers connected to the router? Wired? Wireless?
    You should definetley be able to access firefly’s control panel on the server itself, though. Check that you can really make sure that firefly is running. Of that I’m not certain yet, for instance.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.