Howto for ClarkConnect

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    naturedudeks
    Participant

I’m a newbie. How do I install on ClarkConnect?

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

ClarkConnect is (I believe) a redhat enterprise linux repackage (RHEL4? RHEL3?) I have specfiles to build rpms for RHEL5 and FC, but I haven’t started building them yet.

I hope soon to be doing that, and I’ll probably do RHEL4/CentOS packages at that time that will work.

If you aren’t in a hurry, I’d say wait a couple weeks, and I’ll probably have packages.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Fantastic, thanks rpedde!!!

schiers
    Participant

Moin,

in a project of the German computer magazine c’t, they developed a debian/etch+XEN based distribution for which a debian package is available that contains an installed ClarcConnect in a XEN DomU.

Maybe it’s interesting to look after it. The other DomU is an Endian based firewall. I guess a vdr DomU will follow and I will install mt-dappd inside of it. 8)

If you are able: http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/srv/

BR,
    Carsten.

naturedudeks
    Participant

Ron, I think I figured this out. I installed mt-daapd 2.4 in .rpm for fedora 4 after installing dependencies howl, libhowl.so.0, libid3tag. Web admin helped me through it using findrpm. Then I edited mt-daapd.conf and started the process.

Does that all sound right to you? I’m such a noobee… I don’t have an itunes mac here to test it but should this weekend. Anything I should be worried about using these older versions? Will .flac files be a problem?

Thanks!!!

@rpedde wrote:

@naturedudeks wrote:

ClarkConnect is (I believe) a redhat enterprise linux repackage (RHEL4? RHEL3?) I have specfiles to build rpms for RHEL5 and FC, but I haven’t started building them yet.

I hope soon to be doing that, and I’ll probably do RHEL4/CentOS packages at that time that will work.

If you aren’t in a hurry, I’d say wait a couple weeks, and I’ll probably have packages.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Ron, I think I figured this out. I installed mt-daapd 2.4 in .rpm for fedora 4 after installing dependencies howl, libhowl.so.0, libid3tag. Web admin helped me through it using findrpm. Then I edited mt-daapd.conf and started the process.

Does that all sound right to you? I’m such a noobee… I don’t have an itunes mac here to test it but should this weekend. Anything I should be worried about using these older versions? Will .flac files be a problem?

Thanks!!!

@rpedde wrote:

@naturedudeks wrote:

— Ron

That will work, but 0.2.4 doesn’t do flac. You’ll need to find a newer version to do that.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Shoot…and I thought I had it! I take it the best way for that is one of your upcoming builds? Any idea when a red hat RPM (for CC/CentOS) will be available?

Thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Shoot…and I thought I had it! I take it the best way for that is one of your upcoming builds? Any idea when a red hat RPM (for CC/CentOS) will be available?

Thanks!

I’ll work on it tonight.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Thanks Ron! I surely appreciate your help. (And my kids, even more so!) Let’s see if I can do this and not break anything on my new Linux setup…

Oh well, first time to learn, second time to use, eh?

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Thanks Ron! I surely appreciate your help. (And my kids, even more so!) Let’s see if I can do this and not break anything on my new Linux setup…

Oh well, first time to learn, second time to use, eh?

True. I got the 64 bit RHEL5 installed, I’m installing the 32 bit RHEL5 right now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.