How to use Playlists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bereillyte
    Participant

I realise this is a dumb question, but I’ve been searching the forums and the wiki to answer the question – How do I use playlists

I am using an NSLU2, I have iTunes on XP and an Audiotron. I wanted to play the iTunes playlists on the Audiotron, so thought perhaps Firefly might create M3U files from the iTunes playlist. I think the answer is “no” since all the data is stored in the SQL database

But I’m left curious now – what is the point of the Playlist option within Firefly – My playlists (both Itunes and some static M3U playlists I have lying around) show up in the “Smart Playlist” webpage. But I don’t see them in Itunes when I open the SHARED section.

Is it just the Roku that can see the playlists?

Sorry for the dumb question, but it’s become a search for the Holy Grail to understand how this works and I fear for my sanity if I don’t find out

๐Ÿ˜€

jtbse
    Participant

Not a dumb question, but I have what may be a dumb answer ๐Ÿ˜€

And I only say so because I struggled with this for quite awhile before I said DOH! and finally got it. (then rationalized it to myself as just another reason that I hate iTunes ๐Ÿ™‚ )

When you connect to your server via iTunes, do you by chance see a little triangle pointing toward the server name?

If so when you click on that triangle, I think it will turn into a triangle pointing down and you should see your playlists appear magically under the server name.

(Now if I could just figure out how to get iTunes to honor the order of the tracks in my playlists….quite annoying!).

No?

rpedde
    Participant

@jtbse wrote:

If so when you click on that triangle, I think it will turn into a triangle pointing down and you should see your playlists appear magically under the server name.

That’s funny to me, because as a mac user, the disclosure triangles are normal and obvious. Clearly they aren’t for a Windows user. I guess if you aren’t used to seeing them everywhere, they must look like some kind of selection icon or something.

Consequently I keep forgetting to advise people to “click on the triangle”. Lol.

bereillyte
    Participant

Doh!

Thanks for saving my sanity! ๐Ÿ™„

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.