How to NOT scan Music, Movies, TVShows lists from iTunes xml

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion How to NOT scan Music, Movies, TVShows lists from iTunes xml

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone,

Is there any way to NOT scan in the “Music”, “Movies”, “TV Shows” etc. lists when Firefly scans the iTunes Library.xml for playlists?

I only want the playlists. I have this running on FreeNAS and it is great but I suspect it takes a lot of disk space up temporarily when scanning.

Because of this I can only run the “full” install of FreeNAS which installs and runs from the harddrive. When I try the “embedded” install which loads FreeNAS and all of its services (i.e. Firefly) to a RAM Drive, Firefly crashes when iTunes trys to access it when I enable scan iTunes xml for playlists.

Any help or explanation would be great.

Thanks

Rick Lundborn

stretch
    Participant

Try exporting individual playlists from iTunes. This might limit you to one playlist though

Or

Disable iTunes Library file scanning & use the Java Firefly Client to build your playlists in Firefly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Stretch,

I disabled scan itunes xml, downloaded Firefly Client, and have used that it works great.

You can also download a program called iTunes Exporter which converts the playlists in the iTunes Library.xml file to individual m3u palylists that can be scanned into Firefly.

My particular problem lay in FreeNAS running from a 64MB+/- total RAM Drive. Firefly was scanning in the playlists under Library in the xml which essentially created a double scan of teh library and made the database very large. when FreeNAS used Firefly to serve teh library to iTunes the db was so big it filled up the remaining available RAM Drive space and crashed.

The above two methods solved this.

Rick Lundborn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.