How to make firefly forget deleted playlists??

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues How to make firefly forget deleted playlists??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    magnate
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m still using the Debian Lenny version of mt-daapd, which is built from the r1696 nightly. Today I discovered a new problem: I deleted a load of obsolete old playlists – they were made with WinAmp and all the paths were in DOS format so mt-daapd couldn’t ever parse them. I’ve discovered the java Firefly client with its playlist creation ability, so I’m making a load of new ones. Anyway, the problem is that the old ones are still there! I’ve deleted them, restarted mt-daapd, rescanned the library – but still it can see all 20 of the old playlists.

What do I have to do to get it to start over, and recognise only the existing playlists?

Thanks,

CC

fizze
    Participant

You need to do a full rescan.
    That purges deleted files and playlists.

iirc you can also delete playlists in the web ui, or using the java client?
    I think a full rescan also clears out the playlists created with the java client…

magnate
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

You need to do a full rescan.
    That purges deleted files and playlists.

iirc you can also delete playlists in the web ui, or using the java client?
    I think a full rescan also clears out the playlists created with the java client…

Thank you. The full rescan does indeed purge the deleted playlists (why didn’t I think of that?) – and it doesn’t touch the ones created by the java client. Result!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.