How Many Simultaneous Network Clients can Firefly Support

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues How Many Simultaneous Network Clients can Firefly Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sherlock

I was reviewing some old forum posts at the Roku site and noticed one where RokuPatrick stated that iTunes supports up to 5 simultaneous network clients (SoundBridges or other instances of iTunes).

How many can Firefly support? Does anyone have any experience with how many SoundBridges are practical off a single NSLU2 when all the music being streamed is MP3?

rpedde
    Participant

@Sherlock wrote:

I was reviewing some old forum posts at the Roku site and noticed one where RokuPatrick stated that iTunes supports up to 5 simultaneous network clients (SoundBridges or other instances of iTunes).

How many can Firefly support? Does anyone have any experience with how many SoundBridges are practical off a single NSLU2 when all the music being streamed is MP3?

I’ve had 3 clients running from an nslu2, but that’s the most I’ve ever had.

Sherlock

@rpedde wrote:

I’ve had 3 clients running from an nslu2, but that’s the most I’ve ever had.

I am not trying to set a record, but I was interested if I would have problems running more than a couple of clients off mt-daapd on a NSLU2. I borrowed a couple of SoundBridges and this afternoon I have 7 SoundBridges and one notebook computer with iTunes all playing music off my NSLU2 wirelessly. I don’t have speakers hooked up to all the SoundBridges, but the 4 that I do are all playing music fine. More than meets my requirements!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.