How do I set up for ALAC using Firefly and M2000

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion How do I set up for ALAC using Firefly and M2000

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Johncan
    Participant

I have about 500 GB worth of files in FLAC. Now that an Ipod can play gapless, I was thinking of transcoding all my FLAC files to ALAC. If I do that, what do I need to do set up Firefly to play gapless ALAC on my Roku M2000? I am running Windows XP Pro (SP 2).

I am not a computer guy, so please walk me through what software besides Firefly is needed to play gapless ALAC on my Roku. I don’t need help transcoding the FLAC files to ALAC on the hard drive.

Thanks!

John

rpedde
    Participant

@Johncan wrote:

I have about 500 GB worth of files in FLAC. Now that an Ipod can play gapless, I was thinking of transcoding all my FLAC files to ALAC. If I do that, what do I need to do set up Firefly to play gapless ALAC on my Roku M2000? I am running Windows XP Pro (SP 2).

I am not a computer guy, so please walk me through what software besides Firefly is needed to play gapless ALAC on my Roku. I don’t need help transcoding the FLAC files to ALAC on the hard drive.

Thanks!

John

You need bonjour for windows and latest nightlies for win32.

That’s it.

That said, there are apparently some gapless transcoding issues with firefly. I’ll be tackling those soon, though.

— Ron

Johncan
    Participant

I downloaded the nightlies and ran the exe. I am no longer able to see the Firefly interface in my browser. What did I mess up?

Johncan
    Participant

I uninstalled Firefly, deleted the directory, rebooted, and reinstalled. It works now.

However, I have an Elvis Presley concert that I am trying to play. I converted the files from FLAC to ALAC (m4a). The m4a files play fine in Itunes (not Itunes 7 which I don’t have), but the first track won’t play on the Roku. The rest play fine. I have tried transcoding the problem file several times and it won’t play. The Flac file plays fine on the Roku. The ALAC file plays fine on Itunes, but not the Roku.

I hope I am making sense.

John

rpedde
    Participant

@Johncan wrote:

I uninstalled Firefly, deleted the directory, rebooted, and reinstalled. It works now.

However, I have an Elvis Presley concert that I am trying to play. I converted the files from FLAC to ALAC (m4a). The m4a files play fine in Itunes (not Itunes 7 which I don’t have), but the first track won’t play on the Roku. The rest play fine. I have tried transcoding the problem file several times and it won’t play. The Flac file plays fine on the Roku. The ALAC file plays fine on Itunes, but not the Roku.

I hope I am making sense.

John

It’s not set up for fast-start. There are several threads on here regarding fast-start streaming. Search for them, and you’ll find them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.