How do I see it’s RSP?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,

tried out 1005 with Roklab Soundbridge M500 latest beta Firmware.

Dumb question, maybe, but how do I see or know it is RSP protocoll that’s being used? Maybe I am wrong, but I understand that there could be this Apple protocoll that is used (but maybe I am mistaken). Isn’t that DAAP?

And when it works, will I be able to have an Artist/Album hierarchy in my Soundbridge’s browser?

Everything else runs fine. Quite fast. I will test it a bit the next days…

Thanks,
    Carsten.

Carsten again…

Well, and maybe an add-on: how do I specify the Compilations option that is mentioned on the status page? There is nothing about it in the template .conf file.

Thanks again,
    Carsten.

rpedde
    Participant

Hmm.. the rsp should show up in the server browse as “servername (rsp/1.0)” as opposed to “servername”. It’s an ugly hack, until it gets fixed on the firmware side.

Artist/Album? Don’t you already with iTunes?

Carsten Schiers

Ups, I am not familiar with iTunes. I used Twonky on Linux up to now. I installed sqlite and some other debian packages, compiled 1005, changed the config a bit and that’s it. Now I can select either Twonky or mt-daap in my Soundbridge. Thus I asked those silly questions…

I serve a directory which contains only mp3, all tagged. A sub-directory Sampler contains what it’s called. In Twonky I was able to specify that directory in the config so that it wouldn’t create an Artist entry for these files.

Best Regards,
    Carsten.

Carsten again…

Sorry, forgot to mention that there is no rsp/1.0 in the server name. It is exactly what specified in the config. Does it think it’s iTunes?

BR,
    Carsten.

Carsten Schiers

Argh! After reading carefully the description of the 1005, I saw that entry about plugins and rsp.so. The make install doesn’t copy rsp.so to the place and there is no default entry (logically) in the conf template. So now I serve rsp and displaying all >7100 titles is down from 40 seconds to 4 seconds. Was minutes on Twonky :P.

The other questions remain, maybe you have a hint: Sampler and Artist/Album, how shall I proceed?

BR,
    Carsten.

Carsten Schiers

Ok, I maybe look ill, talking to myself. But I document it, just in case anybody has the same dumb beginners questions.

So the Album/Artist seems to be ok now. When I browse with the Soundbridge into Artists, the result includes either the possibility to play all or offers me all Albums of that Artist. Great.

Next step, I will check how and where to specify that option that makes the scanner notice that /srv/music/Sampler contains everything where I don’t want to see the Artist under Artists…

CU Carsten.

Carsten, finally

Aaaah! compdirs = goes to [general]

Now it’s wonderfull.

Thanks to everybody that helped (basically me :lol:)

CU Carsten.

rpedde
    Participant

Oops you beat me to it.

yeah. general/compdirs.

There is also a scanning/concat compilations

(the key really is two words with a space).

If it’s set to 1, then anything that’s a compilation (marked as such in metainfo, or in a compdirs directory) gets set to artist of “Various Artists”, and title gets set to “artist – title”.

So if you had a soundtrack with the “right” artists, rather than showing up as:

01, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Nancy Sinatra, Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
    02, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Charlie Feathers, That Certain Female

it would show up as:

01, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Various Artists, Nancy Sinatra – Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
    02, Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Various Artists, Charlie Feathers – That Certain Female

That way you can browse by “Various Artists” as an artist and see all soundtracks and stuff on the soundbridge. It’s really a server-side compilations browsing hack.

Note you’ll need to force a full rescan with a “-r”.

— Ron

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.