Hey Ron, how is it going?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mas
    Participant

Long time no new version, how is it going?

Working on something huge or no time in the moment?

fizze
    Participant

This is actually a question I’ve been meant to ask too, a couple of days ago.

How’s fame and fortune treating you? Still in touch with the folks from RoKu? Any news there?
    At least it’s good to see that you freshened up your blog πŸ™‚

mas
    Participant

Yeah the Roku side also makes me wonder. They also dont submit any new firmwares any more it seems and it is very quiet.
    Almost looks a bit as if the Soundbridges have reached “End of planned Lifetime”.

stretch
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

This is actually a question I’ve been meant to ask too, a couple of days ago.

Well that makes three of us then.

sansp00
    Participant

Count me in also πŸ˜‰
    Everybody is quite quiet lately and I must say I am a bit concerned as a user.
    Patrick S.

jtbse
    Participant

Ya…I’ve been concerned we haven’t heard from Ron for awhile as well.

Here’s hoping that it’s just real life getting in the way of all the fun of Firefly development, and nothing more serious.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i reckon he’s on the beach having a well-earned break πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

petsounds
    Participant

I know that Firefly is “open source”, as in, the source code is available, but why is their only one developer commiting changes? Is the project just not set up to facilitate multiple developers working concurrently? I know people have submitted fixes before, but that seems to be more the exception to the rule.

fizze
    Participant

Only Ron has write access to the repository, and the build-environments that are required for the multiple platforms are quite insane πŸ˜‰

petsounds
    Participant

I don’t think someone needs to be able to build for every platform just because they want to contribute to the project. It seems to me that having only one code committer really limits the amount of participation other developers might be able to put into it. And conversely, I would imagine that for Ron, having to shoulder all of the dev work himself has got to be a bear. That’s probably the reason we haven’t seen any kind of official release in months, and that’s not good for the project’s health.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.