Help with Mytunes Redux and firefly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tobyb121
    Participant

I am new to firefly, and am using the most recent version for windows. I am using it so that me and my brother can share our music over our lan. I am able to see the shared firefly libraries in itunes, and I can also use ourtunes to download the songs, but mytunes redux does not see any of the libraries on either computer. I don’t really like outunes, and much prefer mytunes, which I have been using for quite a while. I also have found that outunes only works for me when sharedd libraries in itunes are off, is there any sort of fix for this. thanks tobyb

rpedde
    Participant

@tobyb121 wrote:

I am new to firefly, and am using the most recent version for windows. I am using it so that me and my brother can share our music over our lan. I am able to see the shared firefly libraries in itunes, and I can also use ourtunes to download the songs, but mytunes redux does not see any of the libraries on either computer. I don’t really like outunes, and much prefer mytunes, which I have been using for quite a while. I also have found that outunes only works for me when sharedd libraries in itunes are off, is there any sort of fix for this. thanks tobyb

Haven’t tried against mytunes lately. What version of firefly are you using? Try latest nightlies, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll try to repro it.

— Ron

tobyb121
    Participant

I have tried the most recent nightly, but it still doesn’t work. But I am wondering if firefly is the problem, From memory mytunes could see itunes 7 libraries, but just couldn’t access them, is this right? in which case mytunes/my network must be the problem as I cannot see any libraries at all in mytunes.

rpedde
    Participant

@tobyb121 wrote:

I have tried the most recent nightly, but it still doesn’t work. But I am wondering if firefly is the problem, From memory mytunes could see itunes 7 libraries, but just couldn’t access them, is this right? in which case mytunes/my network must be the problem as I cannot see any libraries at all in mytunes.

That’s because iTunes 7 uses a handshake to only allow other iTunes to connect to it. Firefly doesn’t, so it should work right. It looks more like iTunes 5.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.