Help updating Firefly under Windows XP

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Help updating Firefly under Windows XP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just bought a Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic and have for the first time installed Firefly so that it can stream from iTunes (it works fine with Windows Media Player without Firefly).

However since I’ve not used Firefly before I’m unsure how to update it. My initial install was from the disc that came with the Pinnacle SoundBridge. It seems to be version 1.0 svn-1359.

I went to the Firefly website and downloaded what I think is the latest stable version, mt-daapd-0.2.4.1.tar.gz, and have unpacked it – but I can’t find any “.exe” file for updating/installing it. (I’m running Windows XP).

Can anybody help me with what I need to do to successfully update my system.

Many thanks in advance for your help

sonichouse
    Participant

You may want to look here http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/.

The web page says

To make this very clear, this is DEVELOPMENT CODE. It is significantly less tested than the stable code, and very likely MAY NOT WORK. Everything here *mostly* runs, but no guaranteed. You have been warned.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sonichouse:
    Thanks for the quick response.

When I went to the download section of the Firefly website I chose the “Stable” rather than “nightlies” downloads section – assuming that these were the most up-to-date stable versions, and the latest download version was the one I mentioned in my first posting.

I don’t want to use beta or development ones at this stage, but am not sure if I am using the latest stable version? If I am, then I’ll leave it alone. If not, I will update it – but am not sure how.

I assume that the downloads in the link you suggested are “nightly” and not “stable” – is that correc

sonichouse
    Participant

@Plusman, sorry I do not run the Windows version of firefly.
    Looking at the sourceforge site, it only seems to have the unix variants.

I will defer to somebody who knows more about the Window versions to answer, but 1696 would be my guess – although I know it is not been released as a “stable” one yet.

rpedde
    Participant

@Plusman wrote:

sonichouse:
    Thanks for the quick response.

When I went to the download section of the Firefly website I chose the “Stable” rather than “nightlies” downloads section – assuming that these were the most up-to-date stable versions, and the latest download version was the one I mentioned in my first posting.

I don’t want to use beta or development ones at this stage, but am not sure if I am using the latest stable version? If I am, then I’ll leave it alone. If not, I will update it – but am not sure how.

I assume that the downloads in the link you suggested are “nightly” and not “stable” – is that correc

Probably the most stable nightly for windows is this one:

svn-1586

Hrm… Doesn’t seem to be linking right. Might have to cut and paste into a browser address:

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/Firefly%20Media%20Server%20(svn-1586).exe

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.