Help … Trying to serve Roku Soundbridge from Freecom FSG

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Help … Trying to serve Roku Soundbridge from Freecom FSG

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can any of you good people help me?

I am trying to get Firefly running on my Freecom wireless FSG to serve a Roku Soundbridge Homemusic. I have followed the install guide but whilst the SB sees the FSG through a wireless link it does not pick up on the server. Any ideas?

Currently I have Firefly running on my desktop happily serving up music and radio to the SB. I just want to migrate my music to the FSG but not successful as yet 🙁

Many thanks in advance
    Anthony

EVILRipper
    Participant

How did you install it on the FSG?
    Which version of firefly did you install?
    Any difference between wired/wireless connectivity compared to your desktop?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi EvilRipper

> How did you install it on the FSG?
    To install Firefly on the FSG I followed the guide at http://www.openfsg.com/index.php/Setup_iTunes_Server_mt-daapd .

My FSG is running firmware 4.4.5 – which is the version which seems to address wireless issues i.e. the wireless connects work.

> Which version of firefly did you install?
    FSG reports that package mt-daapd installed is version 0.2.4.2-1

>Any difference between wired/wireless connectivity compared to your desktop?
    My SB is the M400PX which only has a wireless connect. My desktop works happily wirelessly with the SB moving through an old Barricade router and an access point. The FSG does not have to contend with any of this stuff to talk to the SB.

Is this sufficent info?

Regards
    Anthony

EVILRipper
    Participant

It is indeed a start to rule out several options causing trouble.

Have you confirmed that firefly is functional on your FSG? Maybe firefly was installed incorrectly on your FSG.
    When running iTunes on your desktop, it should see the FSG share as a shared music dir. (If they’re on the same network)

Also, I’d recommend installing the latest nightly. It’s a quite stable build and several things were fixed.
    That might also fix your problem with the SB.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi EvilRipper

I have now installed 1696 and all seems well. Many thanks.

How do I ensure that mt-daapd is run when the FSG boots? I am having to run S60mt-daapd by hand to get things going!

And why am I having two mt-daapd processes running? Apologies if this is a very stupid question.

Anthony

EVILRipper
    Participant

Depends on the OS running on the FSG.

Too bad my knowledge doesn’t go past debian.
    If yours is anything like it, you could try the following option.

Check if there exists a script at /etc/init.d/mt-daapd .
    If so, you can start and stop using /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start/stop.
    You can have this script run at boot using ‘update-rc.d mt-daapd defaults’.
    This adds the /etc/init.d/mt-daapd script to run at boot.

If this doesn’t apply for your OS, I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.