Help needed with Firefly setup & Roku

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Help needed with Firefly setup & Roku

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    djyonce

I’m hoping someone can give me a hand with Firefly setup. I downloaded the most recent version of iTunes and then found out it no longer works with the Roku. I loaded Firefly and after a bit of monkeying with it, was able to get it to work….

Until I rebooted my machine a few days later. I have not been able to recreate the functionality. I am running Mac OS X, using iTunes for my music library, and have all of my music stored on a network drive. I have configured Firefly to look at both the iTunes music folder and the network drive folder.

Firefly shows ~2500 songs on the webpage status and if I browse songs on the Roku, I can see all of them. However, browsing albums only shows the few that are stored locally in the iTunes folder; same with the Artists. No playlists are present either.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have configured Firefly to look at both the iTunes music folder and the network drive folder.

silly question but that’s definitely the case that firefly is pointed to both folders? You hit the save button at the bottom of the webpage when you added the music folder…? You might also try pointing firefly to just the local music folder in /yourusername/music. Apparently firefly can pick up all the info it needs with it just pointing to that location rather than where the physical body of your music library is. You might try configuring your setup that way.

No playlists are present either

Have you set ‘process .m3u files’ to yes? You’ll need that set to yes for the playlists to show up.

You don’t say which version of firefly you’re using, but as an OSX user myself I have found the latest nightlie works just fine – v.1376 Grab the .dmg installer from here: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org

djyonce

Thanks for the tips. I did hit “save” at the bottom of the webpage and ‘process .m3u files’ to yes.

I was able to get it all of the sudden to work; I changed the name of the server name and hit “apply” in the preferences pane. When I did this, the music location changed to match that in the pref. pan of /username/music.

The weird thing is that I’ve tried this configuration about five times previously and I can’t find anything different than before. I’ll download the latest nightly if I have anymore difficulty.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.