Help needed for Firefly & HP Media Smart Server Config..

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Help needed for Firefly & HP Media Smart Server Config..

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope I can get some help for this issue here. I am getting nowhere with HP.

I have an HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server and Firefly for handling my IPOD songs.

I am trying to get my Server using Firefly to check my computer harddrive for updates to the iPod song list so that the latest songs in my iPod library get automatically loaded up to the server.

My iPod music sits in a library on my computer called, of all things, IPODMUSIC. I have checked every setting I can find and they all seem to be correct, but who really knows? Not me.

So I need tech support from someone who actually knows the product and can help. Or help from somehere here who has a complete list of every setting needed and can publish it so I track them all down.

Appreciate the help, weary of calling HP for help that isn’t there.

stretch
    Participant

I am trying to get my Server using Firefly to check my computer harddrive for updates to the iPod song list so that the latest songs in my iPod library get automatically loaded up to the server.

Firefly is a read only application and won´t do that. You need to use software that can.

Do you use iTunes?
    Under preferences you can change the library location from the local HDD to the NAS.
    iTunes will then store music files on the NAS (the library file won´t move however) instead of the local hard drive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@stretch wrote:

Firefly is a read only application and won´t do that. You need to use software that can.

Do you use iTunes?
    Under preferences you can change the library location from the local HDD to the NAS.
    iTunes will then store music files on the NAS (the library file won´t move however) instead of the local hard drive.

There’s an idea. But the HP Media Server has an “aggregator” that is supposed to do this in conjunction with Firefly…I think.

update tried your suggestion of moving library location to the server, but iTunes wouldn’t let me do it. It sees the server on my network, but won’t let me “open” it to select the folder.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.