I’m looking for a hardware device that has the following features:
– Stream media from my Firefly server (DNS-323 NAS)
– Audio outputs (optical prefered)
– Video/TV output/navigation (ideally HDMI or DVI).
– Snappy performance w/huge music library – 75,000 + songs
– Low power consumption – or I’d just repurpose a laptop
– Remote control
I’ve done a ton of googling and I have yet to find a device that matches these requirements but the Sonus devices seem to be the closest thing to what I’m looking for. Unfortunately, they are a bit expensive and I’m concerned about possible performance issues with my large library.
I’m no linux guru but I can follow instructions and if a piece of gear you are familiar with has a vibrant hack/customization community I’m happy to work at this.