h.264 support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ianarcher

I’d like to stream movies off my share. Can mt-daapd share movies in the directory as well?

rpedde
    Participant

@ianarcher wrote:

I’d like to stream movies off my share. Can mt-daapd share movies in the directory as well?

Yes, if they are named “.m4v” and in the movie directory, yes. There are some strange things with it — it doesn’t seem to stream, it looks like the client copies the whole movie and then plays it.

Something isn’t quite right there, but it does work, and I’ll be working on making it work on frontrow too.

— Ron

ianarcher

That sounds really cool. A FrontRow setup is actually what I was planning on putting together.

It sounds like from your response that it’s actually an iTunes error in that it caches the movie locally before playing. Is this correct?

rpedde
    Participant

@ianarcher wrote:

That sounds really cool. A FrontRow setup is actually what I was planning on putting together.

It sounds like from your response that it’s actually an iTunes error in that it caches the movie locally before playing. Is this correct?

It seem that it actually streams when it’s pulling it from another iTunes, so I’m missing some magic incantation to make it stream properly. Once I watch a few network traces of the streaming sessions, I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.