general firefly and avahi questions

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues general firefly and avahi questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

using ubuntu 7.10

ok, my first tries were using rhythmbox and the daap plugin, then I decided to use firefly, as it works even if I shut down rhythmbox.

installed with aptitude.
    all seems ok, but when I go to the web interface of firefly, it says: firefly media server running, BUT Bonjour: stopped.

is this ok? if I fire up exaile, I can see the firefly share.

also if I follow this guide: http://jamiedumbill.com/index.php?page=28 and copy that fiel into /ezc/avahi/services, I see two shares with exaile, one called daap and one called firefly… seems unneccessary to me, right? can I just not copy that daap.service into avahi? how else to avoid to see these services twice?

also if putting music into the music folder, clicking scan, does not recognize any music 🙁 it starts scanning but shows me no musci…
    its mp3s in there…

Anonymous
    Inactive

partially solved the issue that files were not scanned. I was trying to have it scan a folder on a NTFS mount…

then I changed to local folder but forgot to set owner to mt-daapd…

the rest of my questions are still open.

rpedde
    Participant

@ovizii wrote:

installed with aptitude.
    all seems ok, but when I go to the web interface of firefly, it says: firefly media server running, BUT Bonjour: stopped.

Bug. Can be safely ignored.

also if I follow this guide: http://jamiedumbill.com/index.php?page=28 and copy that fiel into /ezc/avahi/services, I see two shares with exaile, one called daap and one called firefly… seems unneccessary to me, right? can I just not copy that daap.service into avahi? how else to avoid to see these services twice?

Right. Just don’t copy. It registers and deregisters itself automatically when it starts.

– Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.