Further implementation of RSP requests

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests Further implementation of RSP requests

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EVILRipper
    Participant

Hello,

First off, I’ve been using Firefly Mediaserver for quite some time now, and its one of the best programs I could ever wish for.

I have been experimenting on how to read the database from the mediaserver. My first way was plain through the DAAP protocol. I wrote a JAVA application which connected to an IP with firefly running, which then requests all songs and outputs them in a .m3u playlist file.
    Yes, I have been messing with the bytes and it actually worked, altho it is still quite unstable. (Doesnt always work, hehe.)
    However, the output wasnt always very … bugfree. I often found a row of songs which were completely wrong. This is hard to describe; An example:

A list with songs, since they all are streamed as .mp3

435.mp3
    436.mp3
    345.mp3
    345.mp3
    345.mp3
    440.mp3
    441.mp3

This occurred several times. So I wasnt sure whether my java app created this bug, or was this already existent in the firefly database?
    After exploring the sqlite database it appeared that this bug was created by my java program. How? I have no idea. All I did was loop through all the songs that i read from the DAAP request (x-dmap-tagged).
    Another bug: when an album had no ID3 tags, it just DIED and gave a big null in the .m3u output, therefore skipping all the songs without ID3 tags, and continuing at the next album which did have ID3 tags.

Then I googled some more and found this topic:
    http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?=&p=10200

Actual XML from a single http request. Now that’s what I’m looking for!
    The only problem is that it only supports browsing by artist. Doing a full request just uses up too much bandwidth (since I will be requesting remote, not local).

So hereby my request — Could you implement the category specific browsing for not just artist, but title and song_length too?

This way I could build a really stable and working version to read from a firefly media server and output in .m3u playlist file so I can stream my music from anywhere with internet. 🙂

Thanks in advance,
    ~Rippie

rpedde
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

So hereby my request — Could you implement the category specific browsing for not just artist, but title and song_length too?

I think you are looking for this. If that’s not enough, yell. There’s ways to get it in xml over rsp as well.

— Ron

EVILRipper
    Participant

Whoa,

Indeed, that’s what i was looking for!
    Many thanks, I’ll post the result when I finish it. :>

~Rippie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.