(full) scan takes 99% of cpu and seems to have crashed

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues (full) scan takes 99% of cpu and seems to have crashed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tentative
    Participant

I installed successfully mt-daap 0.24 on Ubuntu Feisty PPC (eMac G4 1.42ghz).
    When the database is created for the first time (with normal scan mode) everything works fine. It takes about 5 minutes and the mt-daapd thread takes 5-10% of the cpu.

But after, when I start a scan or a full scan the thread mt-daapd takes 99% of the cpu and it seems not to really scan the music folder…

I waited 30 mn, but nothing happened the number of scanned file didn’t increase (on the web interface).

PS : the folder contains about 4000 mp3s.

rpedde
    Participant

@Tentative wrote:

I installed successfully mt-daap 0.24 on Ubuntu Feisty PPC (eMac G4 1.42ghz).
    When the database is created for the first time (with normal scan mode) everything works fine. It takes about 5 minutes and the mt-daapd thread takes 5-10% of the cpu.

But after, when I start a scan or a full scan the thread mt-daapd takes 99% of the cpu and it seems not to really scan the music folder…

I waited 30 mn, but nothing happened the number of scanned file didn’t increase (on the web interface).

PS : the folder contains about 4000 mp3s.

Use the web interface to set a logfile & set the debuglevel up to 5 or so, then see what it’s doing.

Also, is it possible you have a symlink loop?

fizze
    Participant

Right, I had a similiar problem when mt-daapd tried to scan files with illegal tags.
    I had “broken” ogg-vorbis files which caused (and still cause *wink* *nudge*) mt-daapd to choke.

Tentative
    Participant

Well, I ran mt-daapd with debug level up to 5 and it “crashed” on the only .wma file I have…
    So I removed it from the extension list and everything seems to work fine now.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.