You are here: Home » Topic » Full scan misses files, or maximum number of files exceeded

Full scan misses files, or maximum number of files exceeded

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Full scan misses files, or maximum number of files exceeded

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

RickV
    Participant

Last year I did have browse errors (browsing artists) in my music library (see postings I contributed).

At last I did split my library into two libraries which solved the problem.

Unfortanetely I have problems again. My main library has grown to 90 Gb with 11764 songs.

The problem is that newly added songs are not seen by a full scan. First when I did the full scan I got a browse-error, then after power-down/power up, I could access the library again but the newly added songs still doesn’t show up.

fizze
    Participant

Are you still running v0.2.4 of firefly?
    Did you consider upgrading?

RickV
    Participant

I’m using, from the first moment I start using firefly, svn-1433.

rpedde
    Participant

@rickv wrote:

I’m using, from the first moment I start using firefly, svn-1433.

Those are permissions problems. Check your “runas” user, and make sure that the newly added files have read (and the folders read & execute) for the runas user. If you bump your log level to 5, you can watch it try to scan the folders and observe the error that is being generated.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.